Dr Shahid Aziz

• Cardiology

21st June 2018
Written by a patient at Southmead Hospital

I was admitted to Southmead hospital in Bristol suffering from chest pains. I underwent an Angiogram which initially showed I would probably have to be subjected to a Tripple Coronary Bypass Graft. However a review of the Angiogram was done by Dr Aziz and I had a Pressure Wire inserted into my artery which showed positive results thus removing the need for a Bypass operation and allowing Stents to be inserted instead. Dr Aziz carried out the Angioplasty that followed but this caused a few problems. His preference is to carry out this procedure by using the wrist as the entry point but on entering my right wrist he found he could only go so far. So with great patience he withdrew and tried to use my left wrist unfortunately meeting the same problem. At this point he had to withdraw again and he gave me the option of stopping any more efforts and returning another day or he would carry on and use my groin as the entry point. My reply was, if he was prepared to try and put the stents in that way, I didn't have an important appointment to go to, so I was prepared to allow him to carry on. The result is that the procedure, carried out in March 2018, was successful and after eight weeks on the Cardiac Rehabilitation Programme, Dr Aziz has just carried out my three month follow up and discharged me. I hope this explains clearly why I would recommend and why I totally trust this doctor and his team who were equally professional. Thank you

4th May 2018
Written by a patient at Southmead Hospital

First class doctor who promptly diagnosed my illness and ensured that I had the best medical treatment. I am extremely grateful to him and his team for the care I received both during my stay in hospital and the post operative care I have received since.

11th March 2018
Written by a patient at Southmead Hospital

A very compassionate doctor with great patient empathy. He explained the procedures every step of the way and I had every confidence in him. He and his team are absolutely wonderful and have nothing but praise for all of them! The ward experience was excellent so was the food. Thank you Southmead hospital. I again received excellent care from Dr Aziz at my follow-up appointment, during which he was very caring and reassuring.

1st March 2018
Written by a patient at Southmead Hospital

During my long stay in Southmead Hospital ( 11+ wks in 2015 ) under his care, I had complete confidence in Dr.Aziz's judgement and ability, and also in his liaising with surgeons who later carried out a very complex operation. The fact that I am still here to tell the story is testament to my faith in him ( and the cardio team at Southmead ) and also the surgery and aftercare I received at the B.R.I.

25th March 2017
Written by a patient at Southmead Hospital

Each time we saw Dr Aziz regarding my husbands health,he was always happy to sit and talk to us both regarding any questions and queries that we both had. We always went with a A4 page of of questions , and there was never any pressure answering the concerns we had, or being made to feel there wasn't enough time for him to deal with this. When my husband originally was rushed into hospital in March 2012 , the care taken in carrying out all tests and scans required was exceptional, and due to him my husband was diagnosed with rare Amyloidosis disease and coronary heart disease. Thanks to him this was picked up by an MRI Scan. We would highly recommend him as a doctor and it was always a pleasure to see him and be treated so well.

Nearest Cardiologists