Dr Shahid Aziz

• Cardiology

« 1 2 3 4 »

27th June 2019
Written by a patient at Southmead Hospital

Dr. Aziz was very reassuring during my angiogram and stent insertions. He checked if I was alright several times during the procedure which made me feel very relaxed. At the post operative appointment, he was happy to discuss any queries that were raised. I would recommend him without hesitation and would like to thank him and his team very much for giving me a new lease of life.

17th January 2019
Written by a patient at Southmead Hospital

Dr Aziz was polite,friendly,always able to explain things thouroughly and a great bedside manner.Always keeping you informed of what was happening and how you were doing.The procedures he carried out on me were done expertly and without any drama.Always explaining what was happening and what was needed at each stage.I am more than happy to give him a great review.Thank you Dr Aziz.

3rd December 2018
Written by a patient at Southmead Hospital

I saw Dr Aziz in his clinic on the 28 Nov. which I have been attending for the past 7 years, I have every confidence in him and he has always behaved as a perfect gentleman. I was so glad that it was he who referred me for aortic valve replacement 8 years ago yours sincerely Mr R J Porter.

4th October 2018
Written by a patient at Southmead Hospital

I was seen today at Southmead Hospital Cardiology Department by Mr Shahid Aziz for my annual heart review appointment.I have been under his care for 8 years now and have no complaints. He listened to me, answered my questions and was very attentive. I felt relaxed, unhurried and reassured. I would recommend him to anyone with heart problems.

21st June 2018
Written by a patient at Southmead Hospital

I was admitted to Southmead hospital in Bristol suffering from chest pains. I underwent an Angiogram which initially showed I would probably have to be subjected to a Tripple Coronary Bypass Graft. However a review of the Angiogram was done by Dr Aziz and I had a Pressure Wire inserted into my artery which showed positive results thus removing the need for a Bypass operation and allowing Stents to be inserted instead. Dr Aziz carried out the Angioplasty that followed but this caused a few problems. His preference is to carry out this procedure by using the wrist as the entry point but on entering my right wrist he found he could only go so far. So with great patience he withdrew and tried to use my left wrist unfortunately meeting the same problem. At this point he had to withdraw again and he gave me the option of stopping any more efforts and returning another day or he would carry on and use my groin as the entry point. My reply was, if he was prepared to try and put the stents in that way, I didn't have an important appointment to go to, so I was prepared to allow him to carry on. The result is that the procedure, carried out in March 2018, was successful and after eight weeks on the Cardiac Rehabilitation Programme, Dr Aziz has just carried out my three month follow up and discharged me. I hope this explains clearly why I would recommend and why I totally trust this doctor and his team who were equally professional. Thank you

« 1 2 3 4 »