Dr Scott Akker

• Internal (General) Medicine

« 1 2 3 4 »

27th September 2017
Written by a patient at St Bartholomew's Hospital

Dr Akker takes time to listen to his patients and never hurries them out the door before they have finished discussing thier problems. I have total trust in this Doctor and highly recommend him.

22nd August 2017
Written by a patient at St Bartholomew's Hospital

I could not recommend Dr Akker more highly, he is a very caring and compassionate man. I suffered with an overactive thyroid problem for a year and was seen by so many locums at my local hospital without any improvement, I was really beginning to despair as my health was not getting any better and my thyroid was not being brought under any sort of control. My daughters searched for a specialist and they found the excellent reviews about Dr Akker. I contacted Dr Akker who replied almost immediately and made arrangements for me to see him in his clinic at St Bartholomews hospital. He was so kind and spent so much time with me and explained everything in great detail, nothing was too much trouble for him. He was extremely professional and I felt so safe in his hands. The reviews I had read were completely true and I would say even a bit modest. I am so grateful to Dr Akker, he kept in constant touch with me and cared for me so well. He works with a lovely team and I feel sure that is because they are led by him. I cannot thank him enough for all the care he has given me and I am feeling so much better.

18th June 2017
Written by a patient at St Bartholomew's Hospital

What a lovely man! At last someone who really listened to how I felt & took my symptoms seriously. Spent a long time listening, discussing & then proposed various tests. His entire team were excellent, thorough & dedicated. Can't rate them high enough.

24th March 2015
Written by a patient at St Bartholomew's Hospital

Dr Akker has treated my complex medical needs as part of an mdt team, now co-ordinating all my care. He is incredibly kind & caring. He always has time to listen & I've never felt rushed. I trust him completely & would recommend him without hesitation.

1st August 2014
Written by a patient at St Bartholomew's Hospital

Dr Akker at St Bart's is an exceptional example of what a medical doctor should be and his expertise plus his dealing and communication with patients should a compulsory subject to be taught to medical students today since most of the new doctors lack respect and compassion with patients. From the first appointment, he assured me and comforted me with facts and positive vibes. He always ensures that you are fully aware of the pros and cons of any treatment and medication and to today's NHS standard his communication through mail is reasonably fast. He is a kind person and very understanding and not like today's doctors looking at his watch or rushing the diagnosis. I would recommend him 100% without any hesitation to any person requiring consultancy services for endocrinology.

« 1 2 3 4 »