Written by a private patient at Woodbourne Priory Hospital
2nd November 2021

My daughter saw Dr Sasha with a previous diagnosis of Non-Epileptic Attack Disorder (NEAD). She was having full seizures at least weekly, possibly multiple times, whenever she was slightly stressed. I was genuinely worried that she would not live a ‘normal’ life, as she would collapse whenever there was a slight trigger. Dr Sasha really took the time to get to know her history (and family) and her current circumstances. Rather than prescribe an anti anxiety medication (as we had expected) she explained what she felt the cause to be, what we could do as a family, and made sure that my daughter and I understood fully. And it worked. My daughter just had a school interview that previously would have seen her having multiple seizures in the car, or vomiting (another stress behaviour) and there was neither. Yes she was nervous, but without presenting her previous behaviours. I can’t emphasise enough how much this has changed her life, and ours as a family. I feel more confident with the tools that we have been given by Dr Sasha, and incredibly thankful that we saw her as opposed to a doctor who may have just prescribed unnecessary medication.

3rd November 2021
Response from Dr Sasha Hvidsten

Thankyou so much for your feedback - I am very happy to hear you have had such a good outcome - best of luck for the future

• Psychiatry