Dr Sasha Hvidsten

• Psychiatry

« 1 2 3 4 »

16th February 2018
Written by a carer at The Huntercombe Stafford Hospital

Dr Sasha Hvidsten is a caring and professional Doctor who is very kind but firm when needed. She has pointed us in the right direction for care and help and provided a shoulder for mum to cry on. unfortunately Dr Hvidsten could not treat our daughter further but has contacted the people that can help. and we are very grateful for her help. I wish I had contacted Dr Sasha much sooner.

23rd January 2018
Written by a carer at The Huntercombe Stafford Hospital

Dr Hvidsten is currently working with our daughter who suffers from anxiety and is diagnosed with Aspergers. Following a period of school refusal and significant changes in behaviour in our daughter which we were at a loss to understand or deal with, we met with Dr Hvidsten. She instantly created a connection with our daughter as well as reassuring us that she could help. She has provided us with immediate practical advice as well as diagnosis. Through the relationship of trust that Dr Hvidsten has built up with our daughter, she is now back at school and coping as well as she can. Dr Hvidsten has given her and us ‘tools’ to work through difficulties and is always quick to respond to any request for further support. I cannot recommend her more highly. She is professional, kind, supportive and obviously has a wealth of experience.

22nd January 2018
Written by a carer at BMI The Priory Hospital

I cannot say enough positive things about Dr Hvidsten. Our son had been suffering from depression. His situation was getting rapidly worse and he needed immediate help. His GP was unable to do anything but refer him to CAMHS because of his young age. The waiting time for CAMHS was hopeless and their reluctance to offer any treatment other than counselling meant we were getting nowhere. By the time we first met Dr Hvidsten we were desperate. From the first consultation Dr Hvidsten instantly transformed our situation. She could see straight away that the CAMHS approach was unsuitable for our son and she provided an effective treatment. Her professionalism and manner are outstanding. She connected with our son very well and she provided vital reassurance to me and his Mum that all would be well. At a very difficult time Dr Hvidsten succeded where others couldn't and provided the solutions that we desperately needed. I would strongly recommend her to anyone.

22nd January 2018
Written by a carer at The Huntercombe Stafford Hospital

I write as the parent of the teenage girl recovering from an eating disorder that was address via NHS trust in a different location. Having Sen the CAHMS system I our local area fail us, we sought out private help, as we had the means to do so. Our interactions with Dr Hvidsten have only been positive. Her approach to the situation is focused on the patient, she has acted with urgency where required, and has ensured a wholistic approach to our daughter care. She has been responsive regardless of situation and has given appropriate advice at all times. I would not hesitate to recommend her to others in need of clinical support. Our daughter has made excellent progress in the year under Dr Hvidstens care. I have confidence that further progress will be made.

21st January 2018
Written by a carer at BMI Birmingham Hospital

Our son has been a patient of Dr Hvidsten for nearly 18 months now. We have been so impressed with the care and consideration that Dr Hvidsten has shown with regard to our son's care over that time. Our son has a complex range of conditions (ASD, ADHD and Tourettes) which have involved some very alarming and unsettling physical and mental health issues over the past 18months. Dr Hvidsten has been both informative and supportive throughout this time and I really don't know what we would have done without both her psychiatric/clinical expertise and her ability to explain things to us in a clear and understandable fashion. We particularly appreciate her knowledge and clinical expertise regarding Tourettes and associated conditions as this is rare to find. What my husband and I value most about Dr Hvidsten is her ability to connect with the patient and us as parents. She has been and continues to be an amazing supportive for us in treating our son. I would not hesitate to recommend her.

« 1 2 3 4 »