Dr S.A.R. Tipu Naqvi

I graduated from Dow Medical College Karachi in 1991. My first job as a doctor was in Mullingar Co.Westmeath in southern Ireland. I spent nearly a decade in Ireland working in General Medicine at various places including Mullingar, Portlaoise, Roscommon, Nenagh, Drogheda and Dundalk. In 2001 I moved to the UK to train and work as a General Practitioner. My first job in the UK was at Crosshouse hospital in Kilmarnock Ayreshire (Scotland). I then moved to St.Helens to work as a GP trainee. I completed my GP training at Birkenhead Wirral. I was then employed by Northampton PCT where I also had the opportunity to learn upper GI endoscopy at the General hospital and after getting my accreditation and relevant paperworks in order, I started doing regular gastroscopy sessions. I moved to Chelmsford in 2006 to join a GP partnership. I continued working at the local community endoscopy unit. Currently I am a GP at the Barham & Claydon Surgery in Ipswich Suffolk. Medicine is my passion and I always try to provide the best possible healthcare to my patients. It gives me great pleasure and immense satisfaction when I am able to help someone and bring a smile on their face. Beside medicine, I love spending time with my family. I follow football very passionately and support Arsenal football club.

• Gastroenterology
  • Internal (General) Medicine
  • Cardiology

11th January 2017
Written by a patient at The Barham & Claydon Surgery

I'm very pleased with my healthcare treatment from Dr. Naqvi and would highly recommend him. He is thorough and takes the time to both listen and advise. Thank you.

17th January 2017
Response from Dr S.A.R. Tipu Naqvi

Many thanks for your kind words

21st September 2016
Written by a patient at The Barham & Claydon Surgery

Great empathy, listens to everything I say, highly professional, does everything possible to help, makes me feel at ease. All in all, a wonderful doctor.

6th October 2016
Response from Dr S.A.R. Tipu Naqvi

Thank you so much for the feedback. Its very much appreciated.

18th September 2016
Written by a patient at The Barham & Claydon Surgery

Dr Naqvi has listened to me and allowed me to bring to his table, honestly and openly a high level of discussion regarding mental health and well-being. He has greeted me warmly and asked me to tell me about my experience and what I have found. Dr Naqvi has been very kind-hearted and has treated me like a son to tell me about his wishes to become a Dr and to study to be surgeon. This self-disclosure was relevant and brief and not over-bearing. Dr Naqvi has told me about his view about the profession and the stresses inherent in practice and how this may relate to me and my career. Dr Naqvi has looked at my ideas rationally and proposed thorough and unbiased scrutiny, scientific rigour, and revealed new angles to inquiry that i had missed entirely as a social and economically distinct person - this is very valuable. Dr Naqvi has shown me that despite my curiosity / diligence and hard work to critique my medical records at the GP Surgery - the level of care at the Hospital and the range of dialogue is solid and respected for the level of engagement at the time. Dr Naqvi delineated roles in GP versus in Hospital setting an enabled better understanding of my receipt and the degree of quality of care. Dr Naqvi spoke kind words to me to ask me if I was ready to look elsewhere for inspiration and to develop myself in other ways. He offered to me the idea that I am at my peak and with the world at my fingertips - that I would be able to accomplish anything I put my mind to. Dr Naqvi propounded a healthy attitude towards Health. Overall, I left feeling closure about myself as a patient and keen to explore the world around me and inherent possibility for personal development alongside healing as a patient.

16th December 2016
Response from Dr S.A.R. Tipu Naqvi

Thank you so much for your kind review. I am really glad that you found our brief discussion helpful. Best wishes.

3rd August 2016
Written by a patient at The Barham & Claydon Surgery

Nothing seems to be too much trouble when consulting with Dr. Naqvi. His approach is totally professional and always friendly. His business model for the surgery is working well with prompt appointments while the introduction of the "drop-in" surgeries has been a great improvement. He and his team are always pleasant and efficient even when very busy.

19th August 2016
Response from Dr S.A.R. Tipu Naqvi

Many thanks for your kind feedback. Its very much appreciated by me and my team.

20th May 2015
Written by a patient at The Barham & Claydon Surgery

Very polite and always help me & family

10th May 2016
Response from Dr S.A.R. Tipu Naqvi

Many thanks for the kind feedback. Its really appreciated.

Doctors working at The Barham & Claydon Surgery