Dr Sam Soltanifar

Consultant Anaesthetist. I am a consultant anaesthestist at Ashford and St Peter's Hospitals NHS Trust. I specialise in anaesthesia for orthopaedic and bariatric surgery. I also have a specialist interest in obstetric anaesthesia.

19th April 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Runnymede Hospital

I broke my tibia & fibula bones in my left leg and had three operations to fix this, the main operation was to fit an ilizarov frame on my leg. For all three procedures I was lucky to have Dr Soltanifar. He was extremely professional, discussed options, risks & explained everything clearly. He has a very calm, warm & friendly approach, which is great to put you at ease in these situations and before going into surgery makes conversations to try and relax you. His after care was of a high level, coming into see me in the ward after each operation (he made several visits after my main operation) and making sure I had the right medication to support my pain post op. The technical aspects of his job that he demonstrated are important but also having that human touch and empathy goes a long way for the patient and is appreciated. I'm grateful for everything he did to make sure I had the best care.

5th April 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Runnymede Hospital

Dr Sam Soltanifar was my anaesthetist for a multi ligament knee reconstruction operation. Sam explained everything to me very clearly and made me feel totally relaxed about the whole procedure and recovery. He spoke to me after the operation but also made sure to come back and run through things again once I was a bit more "with it"!

28th March 2017
Written by a patient at Ashford Hospital

I was having a Dupuytren’s Fasciotomy to my right hand and ring finger under G.A. as a day case in Ashford Hospital. I met Dr Sam Soltanifar on the day of my operation. He very clearly explained the anaesthetic options open to me for this operation and explained all the associated risks. His approach was very professional and at the same time friendly, putting me at ease about the forcoming operation. Everything went well, I had no pain and only used a minimum of analgesics, more as a precaution, the first night after the operation.

22nd March 2017
Written by a patient at St Peter's Hospital

I had to undergo emergency surgery and Dr Soltanifar was my Anaesthetist. He made me feel totally at ease, explained everything that was going to happen. I felt incredibly lucky to have Dr Soltanifar as my anaesthetist and would recommend him to anyone, he really is an outstanding Doctor that goes above and beyond his role, his bedside manner is impeccable.

12th March 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Runnymede Hospital

Explained everything beforehand in my room and answered questions. Subsequently felt totally relaxed in the prep room with him and the team and he visited me afterwards to ensure recovery was going well and I was happy with everything.

Nearest Anaesthetists and ITU specialists