Dr Sam Soltanifar

Consultant Anaesthetist. I am a consultant anaesthestist at Ashford and St Peter's Hospitals NHS Trust. I specialise in anaesthesia for orthopaedic and bariatric surgery. I also have a specialist interest in obstetric anaesthesia.

20th May 2017
Written by a patient at St Peter's Hospital

I met Dr Soltanifar when he came to my room to discuss my operation, I was having total knee replacement 10.1.2017, I had heard about spinal block and was not sure it was what I wanted i still preferred General anaesthetic, following discussion I changed my mind, the operation was total success and after when back to the room I had no ill effects at all, so sat up and ate. I have since had other knee done 19.5.17 again with Dr Soltanifar, using same procedure again great success. Dr also has good bed side manor and really put me at ease, I will recommend him and these procedure to anybody that asks me. Trevor Hobbs

3rd May 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Runnymede Hospital

Relaxed and confident bedside manner also willing answer all manner of questions. Thank you for your care during my stay.

19th April 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Runnymede Hospital

I broke my tibia & fibula bones in my left leg and had three operations to fix this, the main operation was to fit an ilizarov frame on my leg. For all three procedures I was lucky to have Dr Soltanifar. He was extremely professional, discussed options, risks & explained everything clearly. He has a very calm, warm & friendly approach, which is great to put you at ease in these situations and before going into surgery makes conversations to try and relax you. His after care was of a high level, coming into see me in the ward after each operation (he made several visits after my main operation) and making sure I had the right medication to support my pain post op. The technical aspects of his job that he demonstrated are important but also having that human touch and empathy goes a long way for the patient and is appreciated. I'm grateful for everything he did to make sure I had the best care.

5th April 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Runnymede Hospital

Dr Sam Soltanifar was my anaesthetist for a multi ligament knee reconstruction operation. Sam explained everything to me very clearly and made me feel totally relaxed about the whole procedure and recovery. He spoke to me after the operation but also made sure to come back and run through things again once I was a bit more "with it"!

28th March 2017
Written by a patient at Ashford Hospital

I was having a Dupuytren’s Fasciotomy to my right hand and ring finger under G.A. as a day case in Ashford Hospital. I met Dr Sam Soltanifar on the day of my operation. He very clearly explained the anaesthetic options open to me for this operation and explained all the associated risks. His approach was very professional and at the same time friendly, putting me at ease about the forcoming operation. Everything went well, I had no pain and only used a minimum of analgesics, more as a precaution, the first night after the operation.

Nearest Anaesthetists and ITU specialists