Dr Sam Soltanifar

Consultant Anaesthetist. I am a consultant anaesthestist at Ashford and St Peter's Hospitals NHS Trust. I specialise in anaesthesia for orthopaedic and bariatric surgery. I also have a specialist interest in obstetric anaesthesia.

22nd March 2017
Written by a patient at St Peter's Hospital

I had to undergo emergency surgery and Dr Soltanifar was my Anaesthetist. He made me feel totally at ease, explained everything that was going to happen. I felt incredibly lucky to have Dr Soltanifar as my anaesthetist and would recommend him to anyone, he really is an outstanding Doctor that goes above and beyond his role, his bedside manner is impeccable.

12th March 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Runnymede Hospital

Explained everything beforehand in my room and answered questions. Subsequently felt totally relaxed in the prep room with him and the team and he visited me afterwards to ensure recovery was going well and I was happy with everything.

8th March 2017
Written by a patient at Ashford Hospital

I had my wisdom teeth removed under general anaesthesia at Ashford Hospital. I was very lucky to have Dr. Soltanifar as my anaesthetist. He explained everything in simple words to me and let me have time to express my worries and answered all my questions. Because I was last on that day's list and I didn't have breakfast on that day as well, he also asked me if I wanted a glass of water and that made me feel better. When in the anaesthetic room he was really caring, talked to me the whole time till I fell asleep and I didn't even feel any pain from the cannula being placed on my arm. After I woke up he reviewed me in recovery. I got discharged on that day and after all it wasn't a scary experience (as it was my first general anaesthesia). Dr Soltanifar is a good professional and caring anaesthetist that I would recommend to anybody.

3rd March 2017
Written by a patient at St Peter's Hospital

Good bedside manner. Easy to talk to. Offered research based answers to questions. Spoke at level that was easy to understand.

17th February 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Runnymede Hospital

I recently underwent a shoulder operation, I was very anxious and Sam put me at ease and under really quickly so I didn't get time for the panic and tears to set in thanks Sam for your kindness, the anti sickness worked too which was a great relief afterwards. It was also great to see you when you visited next day I think I was still too dopey to convey this message.

Nearest Anaesthetists and ITU specialists