dr-sally-cubbin

Dr Sally Cubbin

Written by a private patient at The Manor Hospital, Oxford
8th February 2021

Easy to contact and make appointment, very professional set up. I felt I had a thorough assessment and have learned a great deal in the process - in my case, how ADHD can get in the way of everyday life for someone even though, to an outsider looking in, you may be a successful and stable person - but on the inside have a constant challenge to stay that way. I felt I was perhaps being self indulgent seeking this assessment, she was very kind and supportive, totally put me at ease. Would recommend to anyone - am now on some treatment and it's made such a positive difference to me, and, I think, my loved ones.

Written by a private patient at The Manor Hospital, Oxford
7th February 2021

My experience of Dr Cubbin is that she is a warm, caring and extremely experienced Consultant Psychiatrist. Dr Cubbin was recommended to me by the psychologist who diagnosed me with ADHD, after I was advised that there would be at least an 8-10 month delay on the NHS. Dr Cubbin talked me through the different treatment options and helped me to weigh up the pros and cons of each medication type. I was concerned about the cost of private treatment and any hidden/unnecessary costs but Dr Cubbin was very transparent about fees and at no point did I feel that I was being taken advantage of. Dr Cubbin has helped me to start to feel better after struggling for a very long-time with an undiagnosed and untreated condition. I would recommend Dr Cubbin as a skilled, incisive and efficient practitioner. All the best to those seeking to get help in this area!

14th October 2020

I had a wonderful assessment and follow-up appointment with Dr. Cubbin. She asked excellent questions, had a kindness and professionalism and her subsequent report following our meetings was thorough, insightful and helped me understand myself and my diagnosis better as a result. I felt heard and understood, and was treated with respect. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Cubbin to anyone who is seeking an ADHD assessment or wants to optimally manage their ADHD.

6th October 2020

I have been under the care, treatment and assessment of Dr Sally Cubbin since the middle of August 2020 and am a 51 year old woman on a journey of discovery, assessment and treatment of ADHD. From my very first communication with Dr Cubbin and her team at the ADHD clinic https://adhdclinic.co.uk/dr-sally-cubbin I felt completely looked after in extremely safe hands. Dr Cubbin has compassion and understanding and a highly competent ability to effectively assess and treat adult ADHD. As the awareness and effective management of ADHD is one of the best kept secrets I feel blessed to have Dr Cubbin as my consultant and helping me to make complete sense of my ADHD. The assessment report that she provided was a true reflection of me and with such an unseen and complex condition, this was incredibly useful and validating, giving me many of the answers I had been looking for. As a result of my ADHD journey with Dr Cubbin I now confident, educated, fully informed, diagnosed, treated and continue to be under her safe and secure care. I cannot recommend Dr Sally Cubbin and her team enough and I am truly grateful for her help in changing my life.

16th July 2020

Dr Cubbin has been incredible and has supported me throughout the diagnosis and treatment of my ADHD. She is friendly, understanding and empathetic which has made it very easy to be honest with her about what does and doesn't work which has helped the treatment plan develop. She has been life changing and I would recommend her to anyone that asks.

Dr Sally Cubbin was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

Dr Sally Cubbin is a highly qualified, experienced and caring Consultant Psychiatrist with special expertise in the diagnosis and management of Adult ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder). She is happy to assess and treat patients from age 18 (sometimes age 16 and 17). She holds a Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy from Oxford University and uses these skills for the treatment of mental illness using a psychological approach to compliment her medical skills. She is a member of the executive committee of the UK Adult ADHD Network (UKAAN) as well as a member of the training sub committee. In this role she has worked on the development of UKAANs national training programme which provides one and two day workshops for psychiatrists to learn how to assess for and treat adult ADHD, which she helps deliver. She was first registered by the General Medical Council (GMC number 4009027) in 1993 holds the degrees Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) from the University of Bristol, UK (1993) as well as a Masters Degree (MSc) in Psychological Medicine (University of Wales, Cardiff 2000). She completed her higher training in psychiatry in the Oxford Deanery and also The Maudsley Hospital, London. She worked as a Consultant Psychiatrist at the Maudsley Hospital Adult ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) National Referral Service in London for four years from 2008 to 2012 where she assessed and managed patients with this disorder. She now works in private practice and also provides an Adult ADHD service for the NHS in Southampton. She holds clinics at the Manor Hospital, Oxford, the Cardinal Clinic, Windsor as well as the Priory Wellbeing Centre in Southampton.

Nearest Psychiatrists