20th February 2018
Written by a carer at The Priory Hospital Southampton

We can totally recommend Dr. Sally Cubbins, she has helped our son who is now 26 years old immensely and us to his family in the process. Whilst some professionals say they understand ADHD (and don’t! ), Dr. Cubbins does fully understands ADHD and it’s effect on a persons mental health and how It evolves when a person reaches adulthood. My son has suffered since he was born with this misunderstood condition and we have had to fight to get him help at the doctors, school, then as an adult with the adult mental health team. Until his GP told us about Dr. Sally Cubbins and her team. Our son got his referral. He saw her and repeated to her his problems and he felt listened to for the first time! He started this new medication and could concentrate could communicate could interact easier. Nothing short of a small miracle! Thank you Dr.cubbins, I hope one day your service is opened up to all to access!

15th February 2018
Written by a patient at The Priory Hospital Southampton

I felt Dr Cubbin was approachable, friendly and listened to me during the assessment process which was really thorough. I can honestly say that since getting clarification and the right diagnosis I can’t underestimate how this has helped me. She arranged follow ups with me to check how medication was helping which was really useful as well as signposting me to useful resources. I feel she was extremely knowledgeable around adult ADHD and I felt there was no judgement during our conversation and I felt she understood my difficulties as they were and did not minimise the impact on my life. Thank you.

15th February 2018
Written by a patient at The Priory Hospital Southampton

Sally was amazing and took my perspective into consideration, it was nice actually being able to talk to someone who knew a lot more than the gp about the condition and was able to give myself ideas and also paths to go down,

20th December 2017
Written by a carer at Cardinal Clinic

Dr Cubbin appeared knowledgeable in her subject area and discussed my son's issues sensitively and constructively in two face-to-face meetings we had. Given the time restrictions we had, she also responded swiftly and flexibly to our needs. I think we were all hoping that the medication would prove something of a miracle sure here and if not a cure, then offer significant help. I don't feel that is the case now but I would have confidence taking matters further with Dr Cubbin in the future.

8th December 2017
Written by a patient at The Manor Hospital, Oxford

I was worried about not being taken seriously as an outwardly successful adult requesting an assessment for ADHD for the first time at age 37! I needn't have worried. Dr Cubbin was warm and welcoming and obviously an expert in her field. The assessment was very thorough, with interviews with my fiancé and mother. Diagnosis was confirmed at the actual assessment and medication recommended and explained in full. 5 weeks on and I can't believe the difference this has made to my life. For the first time in years, I feel I am actually coping with life, my moods are more stable and I am 'on top' of things both at home and at work! I have had regular follow up calls with Dr Cubbin in the weeks following my appointment and the report provided to my GP was very detailed. As such, my GP had no issues with continuing with the medication recommendations she outlined. Thank you!