dr-sally-cubbin

Dr Sally Cubbin

16th July 2020

Dr Cubbin has been incredible and has supported me throughout the diagnosis and treatment of my ADHD. She is friendly, understanding and empathetic which has made it very easy to be honest with her about what does and doesn't work which has helped the treatment plan develop. She has been life changing and I would recommend her to anyone that asks.

16th July 2020

I was recommended Dr. Sally Cubbin by my Neurologist. I am a 32 year old woman who has struggled with concentration, impulsiveness, hyperactivity my whole life. As a child and teenager I was always told I could do better, I need to focus, I'm easily influenced, and suffered with anxiety and episodes of depression. This carried on into my adult life. I agreed to be referred to NHS ADHD Service and Dr. Cubbin as I knew the waiting time in the NHS is very long. I was assessed within 2 weeks of my referral. I was very nervous about the video assessment but Dr. Cubbin made me feel so relaxed and I felt she completely understood me and how I have felt my whole life. The assessment went well and at the end I was told there and then I had combined ADHD (Impulsive and Hyperactive). I was advised medication and this has changed my life! I am so much more focused at university and has improved my anxiety. It has changed my thought process so I am thinking more before I act or speak and my sleep has improved greatly. I cannot thank Dr. Cubbin enough! She has changed my life! I wish I had been diagnosed as a child but I can now focus on my new future and look forward to it, I have recommended her to others including my own family members. I have now had my care transferred over to my GP and it has been a very stress free shared care transition.

Written by a patient at Priory Wellbeing Centre Southampton
15th July 2020

Dr Cubbin was extremely approachable and friendly. She also made herself available whenever I needed her help and made everything so easy for me. She made me feel at ease about everything and came up with plans with me to help support me. She would always respond quickly if I needed her and made time for me. I could not have wished for a better Doctor to take on my case. I feel very lucky to have been referred to her.

11th July 2020

I was suffering from a chronic fatigue type syndrome for some 10 months which was quite debilitating and life changing in a negative way. After lots of tests which came to nothing it was thought that I should speak to Dr Sally Cubbin who after a consultation prescribed me some medication for inattentive ADHD. This was like a miracle cure and has given me my life back again. I can’t speak more highly of her or Dr Ally Parry who referred me to her.

14th May 2020

I found Dr Cubbin extremely professional and felt both confident and comfortable speaking with her. The diagnosis and the medication prescribed has had a significant positive impact on my life, with virtually no side effects. A longstand issue has not only been correctly identified, but also remedied in a highly effective way. Moving ahead with a consultation was possibly one of the best decisions I have made and I would reccomend Dr Cubbin without any hesitation whatsoever.

Dr Sally Cubbin is a highly qualified, experienced and caring Consultant Psychiatrist with special expertise in the diagnosis and management of Adult ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder). She is happy to assess and treat patients from age 18 (sometimes age 16 and 17). She holds a Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy from Oxford University and uses these skills for the treatment of mental illness using a psychological approach to compliment her medical skills. She is a member of the executive committee of the UK Adult ADHD Network (UKAAN) as well as a member of the training sub committee. In this role she has worked on the development of UKAANs national training programme which provides one and two day workshops for psychiatrists to learn how to assess for and treat adult ADHD, which she helps deliver. She was first registered by the General Medical Council (GMC number 4009027) in 1993 holds the degrees Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) from the University of Bristol, UK (1993) as well as a Masters Degree (MSc) in Psychological Medicine (University of Wales, Cardiff 2000). She completed her higher training in psychiatry in the Oxford Deanery and also The Maudsley Hospital, London. She worked as a Consultant Psychiatrist at the Maudsley Hospital Adult ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) National Referral Service in London for four years from 2008 to 2012 where she assessed and managed patients with this disorder. She now works in private practice and also provides an Adult ADHD service for the NHS in Southampton. She holds clinics at the Manor Hospital, Oxford, the Cardinal Clinic, Windsor as well as the Priory Wellbeing Centre in Southampton.

Short link to review Dr Sally Cubbin: http://iwgc.net/erq8