Dr Sally Cubbin

Dr Sally Cubbin is a highly qualified, experienced and caring Consultant Psychiatrist with special expertise in the diagnosis and management of Adult ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder). She is happy to assess and treat patients from age 18 (sometimes age 16 and 17). She holds a Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy from Oxford University and uses these skills for the treatment of mental illness using a psychological approach to compliment her medical skills. She is a member of the executive committee of the UK Adult ADHD Network (UKAAN) as well as a member of the training sub committee. In this role she has worked on the development of UKAANs national training programme which provides one and two day workshops for psychiatrists to learn how to assess for and treat adult ADHD, which she helps deliver. She was first registered by the General Medical Council (GMC number 4009027) in 1993 holds the degrees Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) from the University of Bristol, UK (1993) as well as a Masters Degree (MSc) in Psychological Medicine (University of Wales, Cardiff 2000). She completed her higher training in psychiatry in the Oxford Deanery and also The Maudsley Hospital, London. She worked as a Consultant Psychiatrist at the Maudsley Hospital Adult ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) National Referral Service in London for four years from 2008 to 2012 where she assessed and managed patients with this disorder. She now works in private practice and also provides an Adult ADHD service for the NHS in Southampton. She holds clinics at the Manor Hospital, Oxford, the Cardinal Clinic, Windsor as well as the Priory Wellbeing Centre in Southampton.

Written by a patient at Cardinal Clinic
28th January 2020

Very professional, very happy with my treatment and adjustments required. Would recommend.

Written by a patient at Priory Wellbeing Centre Southampton
15th January 2020

Amazing help amazing people dr Sally Cubbin you are amazing thank you for all your help

11th December 2019

I thoroughly recommend Dr Sally Cubbin. I consulted with her because I was struggling with symptoms which I thought could be due to adult ADHD. I found her not only easy to talk to and understanding, but also to be highly professional, well-informed and sensitive to my situation. Her assessment and the medication she prescribed have made a significant and positive difference to me. I would also recommend her clinic on a practical level, as I have always been responded to quickly and efficiently.

10th November 2019

I first saw Dr Cubbin some 4 four and a half years ago when she provided a very detailed review and diagnosis of my condition(s). I have seen her on numerous occasions since as she has continued to treat and support me. I would unhesitatingly recommend her both for her skill as a practitioner and also for her helpful and reassuring approach. As a young adult with ADHD it's hard to find help and support when you need it and I'm very grateful to Dr Cubbin for making herself available when I've needed it, often at short notice.

24th September 2019

She has a lovely manner and took my concerns seriously. She's lovely and calm and approachable, as well as accessible via her secretary.

Nearest Psychiatrists