27th July 2017
Written by a patient at The Priory Hospital Southampton

Dr sally Cubbin changed the trajectory of my life for the better. I visited her at the priory and i was diagnosed with ADHD. She listened to me, so that i was able to share sensitive information and not feel i had things to hide (frank conversations about past substance use ect...) It's hard to describe how much she's helped me through starting treatment and receiving a diagnosis. I used to flit from one job to another being fired. I was extremely disorganized and always wondering what i'd forgot or who i might have let down, I was in awe of how most people did these "easy" tasks that i seemed to be failing at. my self esteem was low. But after treatment, i can now hold down jobs, i look forward to work, i feel competent and useful, like my opinions matter and that i can contribute something positive to the future. Before starting treatment my career goals were "don't get fired". Now i look forward to the future, and all the things i could be and do in my work life. I hope this review helps anyone experiencing diagnosed ADHD find treatment.

18th May 2017
Written by a carer at The Manor Hospital, Oxford

As a mother of a son of 32 yrs who I have always suspected had ADHD, or if not ADHD a problem of some sort. To finally find someone not only to listen to you but also believe in what your saying, was beyond words for our family. We were all very apprehensive about our appointment no more so than our son, who was very nervous. We had no need. Dr Cubbin came out and asked Matthew if he wanted to be seen on his own or with us first. He had decided he needed to go in on his own and get it all off his chest, he looked petrified. He came out to get us looking much better. When my husband and I went in we were allowed to talk about all the problems we had been having, which as these sufferers get older get a lot worse. We felt this was our only hope. Dr Cubbin was wonderful she listened to us all, and asked questions where needed. We were then told Matthew did indeed have Severe ADHD. No need to say this was a very emotional moment for our family. we felt we could look forward to Matthew leading a more normal life. Please if you think your child is suffering do not give up. Dr Cubbin can help you. We will be forever grateful.

18th March 2017
Written by a patient at The Manor Hospital, Oxford

I was extremely nervous about getting an ADHD assessment, and was anxious that it would be a long drawn out procedure. All I can say is that I am so glad that I saw Dr Cubbin. This honestly has to be one of the best things I have ever done as an adult. The process was made very easy by her and her team, and they were very flexible. She was extremely easy to talk to, non judgemental, extremely professional and incredibly competent. The fee for the assessment is a tremendous bargain for the care that she provides. I wish there were more health professionals like her, I could not recommend her enough!

10th December 2016
Written by a patient at Maudsley Hospital

I met with Dr Cubbin over a month ago and all I can say is , I wish I had met her twenty years ago. Herself along with her team have been amazing , professional and nothing is ever too much hassle . Having only met her twice , I feel my life has totally changed and I am forever greatful . I would highly recommend Dr Cubbin to anyone . Thank you so much .

5th December 2016
Written by a patient at The Manor Hospital, Oxford

Dr Cubbin was recommended to me by my previous doctor when he retired and I am very glad that he did. Her approach has been respectful and characterised by a collaborative style whereby we have looked at my mental health problems together and decided how to move forward that way too. It is also to Dr Cubbin’s considerable merit that she doesn’t pedal psychiatric dogma; but rather is open minded regarding psychological and physiological mechanisms underlying mental health problems. This has extended to her listening to me when I have asked for feedback / information regarding contemporary evidence based research which has been relevant to my condition. I must also remark that Dr Cubbin has been very conscientious in terms of monitoring progress between appointments too and this has extended to telephone follow-ups and feedback via email. Overall, it is hard to see how Dr Cubbin could do more to help me and I am most grateful for all she had done.