16th November 2018
Written by a patient at The Priory Hospital Southampton

I read as many reviews as possible about Dr Sally Cubbin before deciding finally this was someone I would trust to assess me for adult ADHD. I like many have a history of running the gauntlet between day-to-day life and a number of challenges/symptoms presented by what Dr Cubbin has now diagnosed for me as ADHD. I know what it feels like trying to discern who is the right consultant psychiatrist to approach for adult ADHD assessment. Seeking help from Dr Cubbin was an extraordinarily good decision and I urge you to consider doing so too. I have not long been diagnosed and have not even started any form of treatment but I can tell you I am already feeling so much better. I warmed to Dr Cubbin immediately, her radiant smile and manner put me at my ease. I just knew I could trust her and so I opened up more which gave her additional background material with which to work – I found her non-judgemental, thorough and deeply caring. Dr Cubbin is an expert in the field of adult ADHD, highly knowledgeable, warm, understanding, deeply considerate and she listens with all her heart. It is not an exaggeration to say my life changed for the better even during the assessment. I have never felt so well understood or excited about the prospect of getting back on track with my life and working towards fulfilling my true potential. Even if I don’t go down the medication route, simply understanding that my brain works differently from some and that there are neurobiological reasons for this is very helpful. Ultimately I want to play to my strengths, slow or stop the motor whirring-away in my brain when I need to rest, and catch-up with exploring who I am and how I fit into the world. I always hoped I could achieve more but it seemed however hard I tried I made little headway. Throughout my life I have developed many strategies to cope but none of them stopped me talking too much, over committing myself, becoming completely stressed, overwhelmed and exhausted on a daily basis. The motor always ran-on in my brain even when I knew I needed to get to bed it would always take me ages for one reason or another to settle. Even once in bed my brain would continue working away on fears, problems, work, ideas, inventions - it was so tiring, as a home-based freelance artist I have rarely had to ‘fit in’ to an office environment, I don’t expect I would have lasted very long but perhaps I would have sought help sooner! My behaviour seemed to have become more challenging during the menopause and post-menopause with the attendant hot flushes, mood swings, physical changes etc. I was even less able to cope. Over a year ago I asked my GP to refer me for an ADHD assessment as I sensed I needed help. Unfortunately though I had a bad experience at the local clinic - the general psychiatrist who assessed me seemed to have little experience of adult ADHD let alone any understanding of how it might present in a Woman aged 56. I did not feel he was listening or interested in me, in addition I felt ill at ease, unable to be myself and consequently had no confidence in him. He seemed to do his utmost to prevent me from getting such a diagnosis. Indeed he did not conclude that I had ADHD but instead during the assessment blurted out a more worrying possible diagnosis! A few days after the assessment he copied me in on his assessment letter to my GP – to my horror the letter contained several mistakes, assumptions and a definite lack of salient points possibly which would indicate a diagnosis of ADHD. I was very upset and distressed about this and more so when I was told the letter would remain on my medical records. The whole experience knocked me back rather but after a lot of research, good advice and a few near misses, I came across Dr Sally Cubbin who along with her incredibly pleasant and efficient team, offered help, support and a professional adult ADHD assessment from the outset. The relief was huge and I have not looked back since - trust me, if you are reading these reviews you are very close to the very real possibility of turning your life around. I cannot think of any suggestions to make which would have improved my experience further. I just wish more people were able to experience the care I am receiving.

16th October 2018
Written by a patient at The Priory Hospital Southampton

I highly recommend Dr. Cubbin to anyone seeking an assessment for adult ADHD. This process has marked a major breakthrough and turning point in my life. Before assessment I felt as though I was slowly drowning - running out of new things to try in order to make progress, focus, and keep on top of everything in my life. Though "successful" on the surface, I was struggling with every aspect of my life, and beginning to seriously impact my wife too. Though she was and is incredibly supportive, she too began to struggle to imagine a way to keep moving forward and avoid what seemed like an inevitable spiral. ADHD cannot be cured, but now that I have begun the process of treatment under Dr. Cubbin's guidance, I am truly seeing real improvements. They are a thousand subtle things that add up to a profound improvement in my quality of life, and my wife's. I was highly dubious that this would work - everything else I have tried has failed. And I was incredibly nervous before the assessment. But Dr. Cubbin listened to me, took me seriously, and helped me understand that I'm not crazy, but suffering from highly treatable neurobiological condition. She is remarkably patient and easy to talk to, and comes across as very understanding and non-judgemental. No doubt this is because she has helped so many people before me and clearly has a very deep insight into the particular struggles of adults with ADHD. Pre and post diagnosis she - along with her excellent practice secretary Mrs Sarah Brown - have been highly responsive and helpful via email, and I feel supported with additional telephone check-ins as I progress through the treatment process. I feel like I can truly look forward to the future again - and actually plan for it effectively now. I do not hesitate to recommend Dr. Cubbin.

17th July 2018
Written by a patient at The Manor Hospital, Oxford

Dr Cubbin has helped me a great deal over the course of a lengthy treatment plan for my ADHD. Her initial assessment of me was professional, considered and succinct, and she clarified many of the questions I had about ADHD. Over the following months, she has engaged fully and openly with me about how my treatment is going and showed me what treatment options were available. I would wholeheartedly recommend her to others looking for ADHD diagnosis and treatment.

21st June 2018
Written by a patient at The Priory Hospital Southampton

After wondering for a number of years if I had ADHD I finally decided to search for a Psychiatrist who specialised in Adult ADHD. After researching numerous options I got in touch with Dr Sally Cubbins. An initial appointment was arranged very quickly and I had a 3 hour assessment where I was diagnosed with ADHD. I worried about sounding needy or embarrassed but Dr Cubbins was highly supportive and made me feel incredibly relieved. Ongoing support was provided which is invaluable both for peace of mind and working through the diagnosis. I can't thank Dr Cubbins enough.

11th May 2018
Written by a patient at Cardinal Clinic

I highly recommend dr Sally Cubbin to anyone who would like to be screened for ADHD. Dr Cubbin has got a wealth of experience in the area. I remember the day of my first appointment. I was feeling very nervous. My main concern was that I would not be taken seriously- me, woman in late 30's, in medical profession, with a fantastic family, but still feeling as a complete failure, with a great sense of underachievement. I kept failing exams, and used to take much longer than others to complete projects. The career progression was slower that expected, despite hard work, motivation and ambitions. That visit was a breakthrough moment of my life. Dr Cubbin listened to my story and was very supportive. The diagnosis of ADHD was made. Dr Cubbin prescribed me a treatment. It usually takes a few weeks to find the most suitable drug and dose. That was the case with me too- all under close supervision of dr Cubbin. Three months down the line, I feel more relaxed, 'the brain fog' has dispersed, my memory has improved. I have stopped making silly mistakes and my thoughts are more organised. My career has progressed. I am less chaotic at home. There is no cure for ADHD. The symptoms are controlled with drugs that need to be taken daily. However the improvement is noticeable. If you think you may suffer from ADHD do not hesitate to contact Dr Sally Cubbin, who is an expert. She will listen to your story and assess you in a non-judgmental way.