dr-sally-cubbin

Dr Sally Cubbin

« 1 2 3 4 »

14th May 2020

I found Dr Cubbin extremely professional and felt both confident and comfortable speaking with her. The diagnosis and the medication prescribed has had a significant positive impact on my life, with virtually no side effects. A longstand issue has not only been correctly identified, but also remedied in a highly effective way. Moving ahead with a consultation was possibly one of the best decisions I have made and I would reccomend Dr Cubbin without any hesitation whatsoever.

8th May 2020

Dr Cubbin has been beyond fantastic throughout the entire process of my diagnosis. She is patient and understanding, taking as long as is needed to appreciate you as a whole. I feel included in every step, with decisions being made together and with me at the centre. The whole team are extremely helpful, going above and beyond what I would normally expect. I am extremely lucky to have been able to see Dr Cubbin and couldn't recommend her enough.

28th April 2020

Dr Cubbin’s thorough investigations, extensive knowledge base and successful treatment plan has significantly improved the quality of my life. I feel extremely supported by Dr Cubbin, she is reliable and very flexible with her consultations, Dr Cubbin is always prepared to discuss any concerns I have and communicates with my GP flawlessly. I can not recommend Dr Cubbin enough.

Written by a patient at Priory Wellbeing Centre Southampton
6th April 2020

I consulted Dr Cubbin for a diagnosis of ADHD as an adult. She was extremely professional, kind and informative. Having been previously diagnosed with bouts of depression I realise now that it was more likely that underlying ADHD was causing anxiety when placed in challenging situations. The consultation with Dr Cubbin helped me to reflect and be more self aware. What has impressed me is her support for me to not just accept a diagnosis, but go further to explore different treatment options. That I no longer need to accept life as it is, but instead find strategies that enable me to participate to the full. I just wish I had done this years ago!

6th April 2020

I was really impressed with the prompt to the point responses whilst booking, the ease of having the appointment over Skype, and the professional yet caring manor in which I the appointment was conducted. I was very impressed with how thoroughly she had read my notes from Canada and my pre-appointment survey. She was very clearly an expert in her field and very clear and helpful.

« 1 2 3 4 »

Dr Sally Cubbin is a highly qualified, experienced and caring Consultant Psychiatrist with special expertise in the diagnosis and management of Adult ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder). She is happy to assess and treat patients from age 18 (sometimes age 16 and 17). She holds a Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy from Oxford University and uses these skills for the treatment of mental illness using a psychological approach to compliment her medical skills. She is a member of the executive committee of the UK Adult ADHD Network (UKAAN) as well as a member of the training sub committee. In this role she has worked on the development of UKAANs national training programme which provides one and two day workshops for psychiatrists to learn how to assess for and treat adult ADHD, which she helps deliver. She was first registered by the General Medical Council (GMC number 4009027) in 1993 holds the degrees Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) from the University of Bristol, UK (1993) as well as a Masters Degree (MSc) in Psychological Medicine (University of Wales, Cardiff 2000). She completed her higher training in psychiatry in the Oxford Deanery and also The Maudsley Hospital, London. She worked as a Consultant Psychiatrist at the Maudsley Hospital Adult ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) National Referral Service in London for four years from 2008 to 2012 where she assessed and managed patients with this disorder. She now works in private practice and also provides an Adult ADHD service for the NHS in Southampton. She holds clinics at the Manor Hospital, Oxford, the Cardinal Clinic, Windsor as well as the Priory Wellbeing Centre in Southampton.

Nearest Psychiatrists