Dr Sahra Ali

I am a consultant haematologist at the Queen's Centre Castle Hill Hospital. I am a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians (FRCP) and a Fellow of the Royal College of Pathology (FRCPath) since 1999. I specialise in myeloid malignancies and my subspecialty is acute leukaemia. I was trained in Leeds between 1994-2000. I started my consultant job in April 2000 with the Hull & East Yorkshire Trust. I am a member of the national NCRI leukaemia group. I am very patient orientated. I worked hard over the last 14 years to bring and provide most of available new therapies locally and I hope that I succeeded.

• Haematology

10th October 2017
Written by a patient at Castle Hill Hospital

Dr Ali had the unpleasant task of explaining my condition which is rare. She did this with tact and care and explained the various options and the way forward. She took the time to answer a long list of questions which I put to her. She filled my wife and I with confidence .

29th June 2017
Written by a patient at Castle Hill Hospital

I meet Dr Ali at the Castle Hill hospital where she gave me the results and diagnosis of my recent blood tests she was so kind and caring and explained everything carefully making sure my daughters and I understood everything that she was telling us and answered all of our questions we didn't feel at all rushed during the consultation Dr Ali made us feel at ease at this worrying time she is a very knowledgeable lovely caring lady

11th March 2017
Written by a patient at Hull Royal Infirmary

I was under the care of Dr Sahra Ali in 2007; she broke the news of my diagnosis to me, explained the treatment options to me, and set about treating me without any delay. She subsequently referred me to Leeds for my stem cell transplant, and 10 years later, I'm still here. I'm sure she will have lengthened, and saved the lives of many many others!

2nd February 2017
Written by a patient at Castle Hill Hospital

I was diagnosed with Leukaemia in May 2013 and Dr Ali was my consultant. Dr Ali was extremely understanding and informative throughout the whole process. I was asked if I would take part in some medical trials and the consequence of this was explained in full. Dr Ali and her team ensured that I was aware of the process and what would happen through the course of my treatment. Myself and my family are forever in the debt of Dr Ali and her team as they saved my life. I would recommend Dr Ali and her team in Haematology at Castle Hill Hospital. There is nothing I could suggest to improve her performance as I received the best care possible and I am extremely thankful to be here to tell the tale.

15th December 2016
Written by a patient at Castle Hill Hospital

This doctor as seen me though some bad times for. Many years and is a credit to c h h and the haematology dept and the rest of the staff

Short link to review Dr Sahra Ali: http://iwgc.net/ee2g6