Dr Russell Canavan

• Internal (General) Medicine

Latest Reviews

2nd July 2015
Written by a patient at Bronglais General Hospital

Russ is the best Consultant Gastroenterologist I have ever had. He is such a good listener, he discusses everything with me on a level that I understand (and the nurses generally don't) and uses big words that I love as he understands that's what I want. I look forward to my appointments. He also takes time to phone his patients when they need his support as well as being easily accessible by email He is incredibly patient oriented, takes a holistic view of gastroenterology and is open to patient input on treatment. He is involved in research and brings lots to the clinic and will see patients when they need him. When you go for any test with the team you can tell how they feel about him; they all talk of him with warmth - that the best judge of any consultant - if his team like him he must be good. I really appreciate having such a good person to see; having had Crohns Disease for over 22 years I feel comfortable and happy when deciding with him the best treatment for me.

Nearest Gastroenterologists