dr-russell-burcombe

Dr Russell Burcombe

Written by a private patient at GenesisCare Maidstone
22nd February 2022

Dr Burcombe explains things in detail, listens to your concerns and answers any questions. He responds to emails promptly and calls to discuss any issues between appointments. He is very approachable and easy to talk to.

Written by a NHS patient at William Harvey Hospital
1st February 2022

Dismisses the patient's views and talks over the top of them. Only saw the patient once and that had to be requested. Patient supposed to be on two week pathway - it was five months. Patient was told to self medicate when they were having a brain bleed. Patient died as bleed could not be stopped as no antidote for Apixaban despite questions being asked regarding change of medication by haematology before chemotherapy. I think Dr Burcombe should listen more carefully to his patients and not just ignore them. More care needed for NHS patients Dr Burcombe.

Dr Russell Burcombe was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2022 for delivering outstanding care.

I qualified at The London Hospital Medical College in 1991.

Four years later I entered oncology, training at Mount Vernon Cancer Centre, The Middlesex and St. Bartholomew’s Hospitals before becoming a Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists in 1998.

I interrupted my training to complete a Research Fellowship at Cancer Research UK’s Gray Laboratory then broadened my experience with a spell as Consultant Radiation Oncologist in Christchurch, New Zealand.

In March, 2004, I was appointed Consultant Clinical Oncologist at the Kent Oncology Centre, Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust (MTW).

As Trustee of Breast Cancer Kent, I have been closely involved in fund-raising to provide state-of-the-art equipment for the Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells Breast Care Centres.

I work closely with Macmillan, Breast Cancer Care and Breast Cancer Now, supporting these great charities providing support and information for patients.

I believe it is important to promote secondary breast cancer initiatives and my efforts in this arena have met with strong approval from professionals and patients.

I contribute to the Kent Oncology Centre programme of clinical audit and research, have publications in peer-reviewed medical journals, and have delivered presentations at national breast and lung cancer meetings.

Nearest Oncologists