dr-russell-burcombe

Dr Russell Burcombe

14th November 2022

Dr Burcombe managed my care for breast cancer this year. In what was a truly terrifying period, Dr Burcombe offered an exceptional level of care. Immensely knowledgeable, reassuring & compassionate at all times, he helped me and my family navigate the gruelling chemotherapy treatment. He manages to deliver technical information in a very easy to consume manner, striking exactly the right balance between gravitas and immense sensitivity. It is no exaggeration to say that Dr Burcombe saved my life, and he & his incredible team will forever be in mine and my family’s thoughts. I would recommend Dr Burcombe unreservedly.

27th June 2022

I was under Dr Burcombe for breast cancer. He was very informative and caring every set of the way. All of my concerns were listened to and answered no matter how trivial they were. I would not have wanted any other doctor to have looked after me. I would recommend him to anyone who was going through this very stressful illness, because he was very reassuring and comforting. Thank you Dr Burcombe for being there for me.

22nd March 2022

I have been under the care of Dr Burcombe for several years & have found him most pleasant, on my appointments he listens to my concerns & is always willing to help moving me forward for my oncology care. Dr Burcombe’s nurses also part of his team, are most helpful, who keep in touch with me to check If I need any extra help.

Written by a private patient at GenesisCare Maidstone
4th March 2022

I have been under the care of Russell for 8 years and could not have wished for a better person to help me through my medical journey. Russell always goes above and beyond in all that does. The knowledge, experience, expertise and care that he offers his patients is exceptional and he has a thirst for more knowledge and wants to help more people. It may seems strange to say, given the circumstances, but Russell is someone that I am always happy to see. There are no words to express my gratitude to him for what he has done and continues to do for me.

Written by a NHS patient at William Harvey Hospital
25th February 2022

I would like to take this opportunity to tell you what a pleasant experience it has been to have my cancer treatment dealt with by Dr Burcombe. This man is a true professional, but mixed with a very human side in dealing with people, at a time when the patient is , I am sure extremely worried and stressed about what is happening to them. He has never been phased by any and all of the awkward situations that he has experienced from myself, or indeed my wife ( retired Liver Transplant nurse, Kings College). He has always been relaxed in front of me, which is very reassuring at those delicate moments, but still maintaining his stature. I can qualify these comments by the amount of professionals that I have dealt with my whole career, (specialist Dental Technician working for teaching hospitals within greater London). All in all a very experienced consultant and a very nice man to be treated by. Yours truly Geoffrey A Blyth

Dr Russell Burcombe was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2022 for delivering outstanding care.

I qualified at The London Hospital Medical College in 1991.

Four years later I entered oncology, training at Mount Vernon Cancer Centre, The Middlesex and St. Bartholomew’s Hospitals before becoming a Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists in 1998.

I interrupted my training to complete a Research Fellowship at Cancer Research UK’s Gray Laboratory then broadened my experience with a spell as Consultant Radiation Oncologist in Christchurch, New Zealand.

In March, 2004, I was appointed Consultant Clinical Oncologist at the Kent Oncology Centre, Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust (MTW).

As Trustee of Breast Cancer Kent, I have been closely involved in fund-raising to provide state-of-the-art equipment for the Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells Breast Care Centres.

I work closely with Macmillan, Breast Cancer Care and Breast Cancer Now, supporting these great charities providing support and information for patients.

I believe it is important to promote secondary breast cancer initiatives and my efforts in this arena have met with strong approval from professionals and patients.

I contribute to the Kent Oncology Centre programme of clinical audit and research, have publications in peer-reviewed medical journals, and have delivered presentations at national breast and lung cancer meetings.

Nearest Oncologists