Dr Rowan Jones

BSc (Hons) Psychology with Medicine (2001) MB BCh (University of Wales Colege of Medicine 2003) MRCGP (2008) I embarked on a career in general practice because of the chance to see patients of all ages & provide continuity of care over time and that is what keeps me enthused now. I relish ‘hands on’ skills, and undertake minor surgery, joint injections & the cover minor injuries unit at my practice. Working in a rural area I feel it is important to maintain my emergency skills & am an advanced life support intructor. I have an interest in psychiatry & work closely with the in house psychiatric nurses.

8th April 2019
Written by a patient at Dorchester Road Surgery

Just wanted to say thank you to Dr Jones. He listens (with eye contact); is knowledgable applying best practice and evidence and over a series of appointments trying to get to the root of my particular problem he has referred me appropriately whilst involving me in my plan of care! My symptoms could've been a number of things but at no point did he make me feel a nuisance; he was human and kind and I feel reassured that following consultations with a Specialist I will get a diagnosis that means I can move on with my life confidently.

Doctors working at Dorchester Road Surgery