Dr Roman Cregg

• Anaesthetics and ITU

12th January 2016

Very knowledgeable, took time to listen to me and explain what would be the next steps in my treatment. It was my first visit to see Dr Cregg and I hope my future visits will be just as fruitful.

8th December 2015

Simply the best. Needs to spend more time with each patient

26th October 2015

Brilliant person. very attentive to my needs. Result!!

20th July 2015

I have only been seeing Dr Cregg for a year now and feel that when I do get to see him he is attentive and tries to offer the best solutions for my pain management. He talked me through the options available and answered my concerns about potential medications. We agreed to try a new course of medication on the understanding that if I didn't feel any improvement then another course of treatment could be applied. After trying the medication and finding no improvement we discussed other options available and he is now arranging for me to have injections directly into the back. I also recently mentioned to him that I had been given a long waiting period for my next appointment and he agreed to see if he could speed this up for me and within weeks I had been given an earlier appointment. I really appreciated this.

1st June 2015

Dr Roman Cregg, does not co-operate with me, does what he wants, without consulting me, even to giving an earlier appointment, when it is available, and I mean this, it is a constant battle, and add to all this, he does have a very bad bedside manner, and I mean bad. In regards to any procedures he does, since he took the post, there is no longer after care review of patients who have had procedures, as before he took over, there was a date booked for the sepcialist nurse to call the patient to found out how they are progressing, any problems, which was a safety net, to have at least a specialist nurse to turn to, now this has been removed by Dr Cregg, as he feels it is not necessary at all. For a Consultant, who is regarded, as a hot-shot, from Ukraine, he has failed a simple procedure on me, when it was successful, with my previous consultant, which took 12 weeks for me to recover, then I was left in a lot of pain for a very long time by Dr Cregg. This is when he decided to do the Ganglion Impar Block, as the simple procedure failed in his hands. Far as I am concerned we are just numbers, not humans, as he calls all the shoots, he has even put words in my mouth that I wanted to have a procedure weekly, which was the Trigger Point Injections, which no one in their right mind, would ever want to have on a weekly basis, as it is not ethical either, but a proper procedure to hit the problem area is. He has not asked, but made me say yes, to his rountine Trigger Point Injections, which arevery painful, when I wanted them, as and when need be, he did not want to listen, as I have already have had a Ganglion Impar block, now if that works well, then I do not want to be injected, every three months rountinely without any reason, as we all need a good reason for it to be done, as this is a procedure too, which is to control pain. That is why, I feel, it should be done, as and when it is needed, than shooting me or anyone else up unnecesarily and causing a lot of pain, as it is disabling, just like having a procedure on the table. Sorry, to say, he can be nice sometimes, when he feels like it, but the majority of the time, he is not, even from day one, when he saw me, he was heavy with me, he sent me out in a few minutes from seeing me, I felt, very hurt by it, and thought that it will get better, as he is my new Pain Consultant, but sadly not, as he is full of attitude of I am the Consultant, you are the Patient, which means I do not respect you, and you are under my control, from his point of view, he has made himself very clear every time, with his attitude.

Nearest Anaesthetists and ITU specialists