Dr Rodney Hughes

Rheumatology consultant of 24 years working as a general internal medicine doctor as well - practice based at St Peter's Hospital Chertsey . Outpatient clinics and an inpatient ward

• Rheumatology
  • Internal (General) Medicine

30th March 2017
Written by a patient at St Peter's Hospital

At the outset of the appointment, neither Mr Hughes or I were totally sure why I was there. A quick look at my records revealed that I was referred as the result of an ultrasound on a gouty tophus on my elbow. The confusion arose as I expected to see a surgeon following that scan and, of course, Mr Hughes is a rheumatologist. The issue of the tophus was discussed and Mr Hughes suggested that my gout may not be under as good a control as I believed. A blood test proved him right and I am now able to take action to control my gout more effectively. He also discussed my knees (arthritic as a result of sport) and offered some valuable advice on managing this condition. Mr Hughes has a very pleasant nature, took as much time as was necessary to discuss and address each of these issues properly. The advice and information he provided I have no doubt will be invaluable in managing my condition and maintaining my mobility and quality of life.

6th October 2016
Written by a patient at St Peter's Hospital

I have been under the care of Rod Hughes for several years and I find him to be extremely caring, patient and always listens to me. Dr Hughes will always find the time to treat me between appointments if I'm having a flare up of my condition as I believe he understands my desire to work and lead as normal life as possible - so will treat symptoms at once.. there should be more consultants like him.!

Nearest Rheumatologists