25th October 2019

Dr Hughes has played a key role in keeping me comfortable and mobile whilst a Rheumatoid Arthritis patient. He is extremely generous with his time and expertise, an excellent listener and extremely kind. I have been extremely fortunate to benefit from his expert care.

2nd September 2019

Dr Hughes may be very knowledgeable, but I found him to be “old school” in his manner. He was somewhat patronising; there was no aim for collaboration with the patient, as he describes on his website; for example when I asked sensible questions the response was mostly abrupt and dismissive – which closed down discussion. Dr Hughes chose not to refer me to another branch of iMSK, which would have helped me enormously; I had to fix the problem myself by seeing a consultant privately, and then be transferred back to NHS to get much needed treatment. I also had to seek another referral to specialist to address the other problem I asked him about - since he discharged me without follow up.

22nd August 2018

I didn’t see this doctor on my visit but my experience with him is that he is very knowledgeable and an excellent consultant.

30th March 2017

At the outset of the appointment, neither Mr Hughes or I were totally sure why I was there. A quick look at my records revealed that I was referred as the result of an ultrasound on a gouty tophus on my elbow. The confusion arose as I expected to see a surgeon following that scan and, of course, Mr Hughes is a rheumatologist. The issue of the tophus was discussed and Mr Hughes suggested that my gout may not be under as good a control as I believed. A blood test proved him right and I am now able to take action to control my gout more effectively. He also discussed my knees (arthritic as a result of sport) and offered some valuable advice on managing this condition. Mr Hughes has a very pleasant nature, took as much time as was necessary to discuss and address each of these issues properly. The advice and information he provided I have no doubt will be invaluable in managing my condition and maintaining my mobility and quality of life.

6th October 2016

I have been under the care of Rod Hughes for several years and I find him to be extremely caring, patient and always listens to me. Dr Hughes will always find the time to treat me between appointments if I'm having a flare up of my condition as I believe he understands my desire to work and lead as normal life as possible - so will treat symptoms at once.. there should be more consultants like him.!

• Rheumatology
  • Internal (General) Medicine

Rheumatology consultant of 24 years working as a general internal medicine doctor as well - practice based at St Peter's Hospital Chertsey . Outpatient clinics and an inpatient ward

Nearest Rheumatologists