Dr Robin Warshafsky

2nd April 2014
Written by a patient at Uckfield Community Hospital

I saw Dr Warshafsky last night in "out of hours" emergency. He listened to me, he talked to me, and he showed genuine care and understanding. He spoke to my daughter who was the patient and she felt heard by a doctor for the first time since her mental health issues started. He gave good counsel and advice on what to do next. He made sure I felt safe, and made sure my daughter felt safe, before he let us leave his room. He gave us at least 25 minutes of attention and I felt empowered. I woke up this morning feeling relief for the first time in many months. I then went to see my daughters GP and received the same usual story - "oh, someone else is dealing with that etc" - and then when I referred to Dr Warshafsky my GP remarked that he was simply the out of hours doctor and gave me the condescending comment "with all due respect Miss X". So our conversation heightened and eventually after a while my GP agreed to do all that Dr Warshafsky recommended. I want to thank Dr Warshafsky for giving me the courage to stand up for my daughters needs and to demand the help from the people who are supposed to give us that help.

Short link to review Dr Robin Warshafsky: http://iwgc.net/efwu6