Dr Robert Westgate

Written by a patient at Carlisle Healthcare
12th March 2020

I've only had chance to interact with Dr Westgate on several occasions but on each, he has been incredible. He is incredibly prompt, explains things really well and actively listens. He has a really personable manner- which for me personally- is just as important as his medical knowledge. I have quite severe health anxiety and it's important for me to feel I've connected with the physician I'm seeing. Dr. Westgate is incredibly easy to connect with. I wouldn't hesitate to see him again if the need arose.

8th June 2017

I found Dr Westgate very professional, empathetic, pragmatic and sensible approach to complex care and was treated with respect, dignity, and an excellent approach going forwards. Every patient is different and requires differing treatments and a plan of action and realistic approach is most welcoming.

29th May 2015

We are not frequent attenders at GP surgery but this week my son needed advice on sore ear DR Westgate gave it over telephone and prescribed treatment,it is sorted.thankyou. I also needed to see a doctor once again telephone consultation and early follow up appointment.Thankyou I like the comfort of knowing I can speak to GP if needed.

22nd December 2014

Dr Westgate is approachable and explained my condition. He also explained he had not yet the received results from rheumatology, and he will contact me as soon as he receives them.

16th July 2014

I have total trust in this particular doctor, I feel that he listens, respects and cares! I feel that he goes that extra mile to ensure that every possible thing is done in to diagnose, treat and maintain any ongoing health issues. In particular in my case I feel that on two occasions he has literally saved my life by getting me to hospital when it was needed! Firstly with my primary health condition (dilated cardiomyopathy) and secondary and most recently two pancreatitis attacks caused by gallstones. I could not recommend this doctor highly enough and he is a credit to the medical profession. I cannot make any suggestions whatsoever on how any improvements this doctor could make to offer a better service as I think he is the best doctor in this practice. Thank you!!

Short link to review Dr Robert Westgate: http://iwgc.net/ejhh