Dr Robert Sutherland

• Anaesthetics and ITU

8th February 2016
Written by a patient at Western General Hospital

Dr Sutherland was completely empathetic and supportive of my concerns regarding sedation. He listened to my concerns attentively and did not pressure me to have the procedure. He did everything within his power to make me feel comfortable with the procedure, even allowing my husband to stay in the room with me. Despite my reservations, in the end I elected to have the sedation and was very glad I did, as it permitted the procedure to go smoothly. Thanks to Dr. Sutherland, I would elect to have the sedation again without any reservations or hesitation.

6th February 2016
Written by a patient at Western General Hospital

I was contacted by Dr Sutherland before my appointment and he went through everthing that was going to happen and as I am extremely clostiphobic hr immediately put me at ease. I would like to say thst my experience on the day was absolutely Brilliant and would highly recommend anyone to Dr Sutherland and a big thsnk you to the nurse Maryin admitance and all the staff in the Scanner Ward . A Great Big Thank You to all . D.A.LOVATT LICG.HNC.HND.BCS.

30th January 2016
Written by a patient at Western General Hospital

I had seen the consultant who had said that a surgeon would not do surgery without seeing a MRI scan first but she also told me that they have an Anaesthetist on call as i am claustrophobic. Dr Sutherland rang me at home to put my mind at rest and to explain the procedure, on the day I went in to have my scan Dr Sutherland. Once again saw me to make sure that I was ok. I cannot fault or thank the staff in the hospital enough as they were absolutely brilliant and would tell anyone going for the same thing that they are in more than perfect hands and also getting Tea and Toast afterwards was a perfect finish many,many thanks to you Dr Sutherland and all your brilliant staff Wally and Joan Evans.

18th December 2015
Written by a patient at Western General Hospital

Was nervous of MRI as very claustrophobic. However absolutely nothing to worry about. Dr Rob explained all before and I knew nothing until it was all over although the scan had lasted an hour. Well done Dr Rob, Mary, and all involved in procedure. Will know not to be nervous if ever have to have another one. Fully deserves 5 stars in all areas.

18th December 2015
Written by a carer at Western General Hospital

As I was supporting my son who has autism and allergies to have an MRI scan done under general anaesthetic it was a bit of a tricky time. Rob was great, he phoned beforehand so we could discuss my son, his medications and what exactly would happen on the day, this was brilliant and put my mind at ease. On the day Rob came to the ward to meet us before the procedure began and i had another chance to discuss everything that would happen , which also helped to reassure my son. All went to plan and the care and understanding we received from Rob and all of the team at the Western was exemplary . Many Thanks.

Short link to review Dr Robert Sutherland: http://iwgc.net/eou