Dr Robert Sutherland

• Anaesthetics and ITU

30th October 2017
Written by a patient at Western General Hospital

Dr Sutherland went out of his way to make me feel at ease whilst undergoing a mri scan recently. His whole team went above and beyond to ensure I was comfortable and fully aware of the procedure.

16th October 2017
Written by a patient at Western General Hospital

Dr Sutherland is a friendly open and very professional doctor. He treats you as an individual listening, explaining and answering questions in a calm and relaxed manner. This gives you confidence in what lies ahead. He was in telephone contact with me before my procedure then in person on the day both pre and post procedure. This made all the difference and everything went according to plan with no concerns.

28th March 2017
Written by a patient at Western General Hospital

I recently underwent major surgery at DCN Western General, Dr Sutherland and all of his colleagues made this process as easy going as possible. Reading the other reviews written for Dr Sutherland makes me smile because he genuinely was a gentleman with the perfect sense of humour to stabilise any worries about the impending operation, the Propofol really helped too....thanks doc!

17th March 2017
Written by a patient at Western General Hospital

Dr Sutherland helped me feel relaxed prior to my procedure. He fully explained what was going to happen and when. He also visited me after the procedure to reassure me everything had gone okay.

11th March 2017
Written by a patient at Western General Hospital

On 28 February 2017, I underwent transsphenoidal surgery for the removal of a pituitary macroadenoma at the Western General Hospital, Edinburgh. I found Dr Sutherland to be a friendly, informative anaesthetist who put me at ease for what lay ahead. Post-operatively, he regularly checked on my progress and displayed genuine interest in my case as I had a slightly more difficult intubation. I am very thankful for the skills and professionalism of Dr Sutherland.

Short link to review Dr Robert Sutherland: http://iwgc.net/eou