Dr Robert Sutherland

• Anaesthetics and ITU

17th March 2017
Written by a patient at Western General Hospital

Dr Sutherland helped me feel relaxed prior to my procedure. He fully explained what was going to happen and when. He also visited me after the procedure to reassure me everything had gone okay.

11th March 2017
Written by a patient at Western General Hospital

On 28 February 2017, I underwent transsphenoidal surgery for the removal of a pituitary macroadenoma at the Western General Hospital, Edinburgh. I found Dr Sutherland to be a friendly, informative anaesthetist who put me at ease for what lay ahead. Post-operatively, he regularly checked on my progress and displayed genuine interest in my case as I had a slightly more difficult intubation. I am very thankful for the skills and professionalism of Dr Sutherland.

20th February 2017
Written by a patient at Western General Hospital

DR Sutherland is a great doctor totally put my mind at ease and felt very comfortable with him.

24th April 2016
Written by a patient at Western General Hospital

I was so nervous ahead of my MRI that I did not sleep well for days in the lead up. I had received a reassuring letter from Dr Sutherland before attending the Western General, but on the day he was great and explained the whole procedure to me before beginning. Whats more I was totally put at ease and confident that nothing would go ahead without first giving my approval. I can say that this was a near fabulous event. lol

8th February 2016
Written by a patient at Western General Hospital

Dr Sutherland was completely empathetic and supportive of my concerns regarding sedation. He listened to my concerns attentively and did not pressure me to have the procedure. He did everything within his power to make me feel comfortable with the procedure, even allowing my husband to stay in the room with me. Despite my reservations, in the end I elected to have the sedation and was very glad I did, as it permitted the procedure to go smoothly. Thanks to Dr. Sutherland, I would elect to have the sedation again without any reservations or hesitation.

Short link to review Dr Robert Sutherland: http://iwgc.net/eou