Dr Robert Baylis

• Anaesthetics and ITU

4th September 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Southampton Hospital

Having had a fair share of doctors that were less than competent & did not help or listen, I was nervous about having meeting another specialist & I was not holding out much hope that any doctor could care enough to help.. Meeting Dr. Baylis was a world away from any previous experiences anywhere. I finally found a doctor that treated me with professionalism, care & more importantly empathy of my pain & previous experiences. Dr. Baylis made me feel that I was finally in safe hands & I was smiling when I left our first meeting. Dr.Baylis then spent the next 5 years doing everything he could possibly manage to get me any treatment he felt would help. He finally got me to a place where I was no longer on opiates, back to living a life & enjoying things again. Even after a car accident he was right there getting treatment as soon as possible so I wasn't back to that first meeting! However, my injuries were too bad & I was then moved over to another pain team. This was the worst thing to happen as I am no longer under Dr. Baylis' care & subsequently NO care. If you are lucky enough to have Dr.Baylis care for you, you will finally know what an empathetic, caring and kind doctor is. This field of medicine is difficult. Chronic pain is debilitating, miserable & you feel like no one will ever give you back your life but Dr.Baylis will try to above & beyond for you & always makes you smile by the time you leave the office and you will never want to see anyone else. Dr. Baylis is an exceptional doctor. It is rare to find someone so kind, caring, empathetic & honest. In my opinion THE best.

3rd August 2017
Written by a patient at Queen Alexandra Hospital

Dr Baylis is an extremely caring doctor. He took away all my fears regarding anaesthesia with his calm , professional manner. If you are lucky enough to have Dr Baylis as your anaesthetist then you do not need to worry - you are in expert hands!

17th April 2017
Written by a patient at Queen Alexandra Hospital

A doctor that listens,understands then acts. Simple but ver few doctors do it as well as Dr Baylis. I trust him implicitly

11th July 2014
Written by a patient at Queen Alexandra Hospital

Dr Baylis has been treating me for the last 4 years for myofascial pain in my neck and back which subsequently causes terrible migraines and headaches. He performs botox treatment on my trigger points every 4 months. This treatment has enabled me to have a much better standard of (daily) life. My migraines and headaches have lessened significantly since starting this treatment. He is a modern thinking Doctor who is willing to listen to you and trial new areas for treatment to try and improve the outcome. He treats you as an equal and does not speak down to you with medical terminology as many consultants and doctors do unfortunately. I am extremely grateful for his care and support and cannot recommend him highly enough.

Short link to review Dr Robert Baylis: http://iwgc.net/eea4r