Dr Rina Dutta

Dr Rina Dutta is Consultant Psychiatrist for the National Affective Disorders Service at the Maudsley Hospital. She runs a specialist clinic for Healthcare Professionals with mood disorders, complex comorbidities and occupational issues. Dr Dutta is also a Clinician Scientist Fellow of The Health Foundation in partnership with the Academy of Medical Sciences.

• Psychiatry

13th June 2015
Written by a patient at Maudsley Hospital

Patient oriented Listens Professional Reassuring Through Friendly Medications reviewed Explained progress Follows date given

18th March 2015
Written by a patient at Maudsley Hospital

Always patient and informative.

22nd October 2014
Written by a patient at Maudsley Hospital

Dr Dutta is sympathetic and non-judgmental without being sentimental. She listens carefully and does not patronise. I feel that she understands my condition and I gain security from the knowledge that I can have access to additional help should this become necessary. I am profoundly grateful to Dr Dutta and the Maudsley for their continuing oversight of my condition. By the way, I see no reason to change the outpatient arrangements, which seem to me to work well. One point concerning the clinic reception desk. Dr Dutta was unavoidably late for our appointment today, but the reception desk had been advised and they told me on arrival that Dr Dutta would be late. This was good practice. It reduces an anxious waiting patient's tension. Well done.

18th September 2014
Written by a patient at Maudsley Hospital

When I was assigned to Dr Dutta's care I was unwell. She took a long time learning about about me, my illness and circumstances. As I got better spontaneously, she did not rush in and give me more medication. As a health professional it is so helpful to come and see a doctor 'outside of one's patch'. I have a mixed affective disorder. My regional psychiatrist did not have much familiarity with this problem; indeed, when my local Psychiatrist had put me on all known mood stabilisers as well an antidepressant he referred to the Maudsley. I have had my treatment rationalised to the current best cocktail, and it is helpful to know that I am on the best treatment for me, at the moment. I have always been seen at my appointment time.

14th September 2014
Written by a patient at Maudsley Hospital

Dr Dutta is professional, thorough and caring as a psychiatrist. She gives sound advice and gives me time to listen to my concerns . I have had a varied experience of the mental health service in the past, and find her to be trustworthy and straightforward in approach. Thank you for such a good quality of care.

Short link to review Dr Rina Dutta: http://iwgc.net/efr8e