dr-richard-shaffer

« 1 2 3 4 »

Written by a private patient at BMI Mount Alvernia Hospital
2nd December 2021

I have seen Dr Shaffer a couple of times for dupytrens and Ledderhose. He is always caring and interested in what you have to say. Treatment is always explained in full and the finally choice of course is yours. I would and have advised others to seek his help, and have done so including my husband!

14th July 2021

I just had a great Zoom consultation with Dr Shaffer. I was wary at first, that such a consultation could happen virtually, but I was pleasantly surprised. He was patient, clear and concerned, and walked me through some simple Q&A and exercises to arrive at his considered opinion. Really great. Thank you.

14th July 2021
Response from Dr Richard Shaffer

Many thanks for your comments - I'm glad I could be of help.

Written by a private patient at BMI Mount Alvernia Hospital
6th July 2021

Dr Shaffer was extremely helpful, giving me clear information and explanation as to my medical issue. He gave practical advice with which to self monitor any chances which was reassuring. A friendly helpful approach throughout!

30th June 2021

Dr Shaffer gave me a free 30 mins consultation to talk about my non urgent condition and to give me guidance as to how it could be managed. There was no pressure to continue care with him just a reassurance then when I was ready he would be happy to manage my care.

28th June 2021

After my conversation with Dr. Shaffer I was left feeling reassured and empowered. He listened to my concerns and was able to provide relevant information regarding my condition. I would highly recommend him.

« 1 2 3 4 »

Dr Shaffer is an expert in the use of radiotherapy and chemotherapy for the treatment of brain cancer, prostate cancer, bladder cancer, and skin cancer. He is also a UK authority on the treatment of benign conditions with radiotherapy, such as Dupuytren’s disease, Ledderhose disease (plantar fibromatosis), plantar fasciitis, and keloid scarring.

Nearest Oncologists