Dr Richard Meakin

15th March 2018
Written by a patient at Freshwell Health Centre

I recently had to see a GP following the need to be signed off work following a very distressing personal situation. I saw Dr Meakin for the first time because it was the only available slot on the day. I am very thankful that it was Dr Meakin I had the fortune to see, as his empathy, warmth and support was fantastic. I was very emotional and he was very patient. I felt like he genuinely understood what I was going through and I felt very supported. I would like to say a big thank you, as I really needed to receive this fantastic level of treatment at such a difficult time.

24th May 2016
Written by a patient at Freshwell Health Centre

Saw the Doctor promptly at my appointment time. He listened to my problem and suggested that an x ray would be the next step to diagnosis. We are fortunate to have x ray facilities at the surgery and I have an appointment this Friday.

26th March 2015
Written by a patient at Freshwell Health Centre

4years ago Dr Meakin had the brilliant foresight to be suspicious on what may have been seen as a minor ailment by many, sent me for tests, which showed cancer, led to almost immediate surgery and definitely extended my life.....there again this clinic is so superb probably all the Doctors would have done the same!!!