Dr Richard Knottenbelt

26th January 2018
Written by a patient at Charing Surgery

Complete and thorough examination. Explained in easily understood language. Pleasant manner. Listened and explained. Excellent. The X-rays will show diagnosis.

26th December 2017
Written by a patient at Ivy Court Surgery

He was extremely thorough in his approach

4th December 2017
Written by a patient at Charing Surgery

This is the best doctor, I have been diagnosed with under active thyroid and believe me there isn’t many doctors that know about it ! He understood and more to the point didn’t fob me off . Great doctor

9th November 2017
Written by a patient at Charing Surgery

I met Dr. Knottenbelt on September 2 after asking to see a doctor at Charing Surgery because I had an excruciatingly painful and stiff neck after falling flat on my face onto stone paving slabs in my garden three weeks before. I had stupidly not sought medical help at the time, even though the fall gave me a murderous headache, caused facial swelling and huge bruises so that I looked as if I had been mugged, and left me feeling wobbly for several days. Dr. Knottenbelt gave me the most thorough medical examination that I had ever had in my life, told me to have an x-ray as soon as possible, also to seek physiotheraphy and he requested an MRI scan of my head - "Just to be on the safe side," he said. He also armed me with a leaflet about head injuries. After the surgery had the results of my x-ray, he even rang me himself to tell me that it confirmed that I had not broken any bones and, unable to get through because my line was engaged, asked a receptionist to ring and tell me the good news. Dr. Knottenbelt is a wonderful, caring doctor.and I cannot praise him too highly.

7th October 2017
Written by a patient at Charing Surgery

I met Dr Knottenbelt in September 2017 at Charing Surgery in Ashford. I went there because I was experiencing some deep pain on my right side on breathing accompanied by swelling around the neck. In fact, I was referred to him by another wonderful GP who also works at the same surgery. The minute I met Dr Knottenbelt I felt so fortunate as he was very friendly and interested in my case. He listened to me. He then assessed me thoroughly and at each step consulting me to get me the most suitable investigations. Some of my results came back fast but the pain and swelling around the neck on the right hand side were still there so I have phoned up the surgery to ask for help. Again I was referred to Dr Knottenbelt and he not only performed a phone assessment but he called me in. The surgery is a very busy one and I did not expect to be seen. Once again Dr Knottenbelt performed excellence and done his very best to the highest possible standards. Now, I am not one to use the services unnecessary as I am a very busy person myself and I try to self- heal whenever possible. I believe this is the best and healthiest option.The NHS it is stretched to its limits and doctors such as Dr Knottenbelt work so hard to squeeze in all of us in real need. All in all, I feel very fortunate to have met Dr Knottenbelt and I hope in the future I wont need the service but if I do I feel totally confident under his care. What an amazing, respectful and honest Doctor! Thank you Dr Knottenbelt.

Doctors working at Ivy Court Surgery