Dr Richard Crowson

Latest Reviews

9th April 2015
Written by a patient at Macklin Street Surgery

In 2013 I had enlarged glands on the left hand side of my neck. Both the Nurse Practitioner and A&E didn't think this was much to worry about and that my neck should return to normal in due course. After a couple of weeks, the lumps were multiplying so I made an appointment to see Dr Crowson as I had a feeling I had Lymphoma. Dr Crowson was wonderful. He listened intently and gave me a thorough medical examination and agreed that I probably did have cancer. I was referred to ENT and biopsied - stage 3 Hodgkin's Lymphoma. I'm now in remission after six months of chemotherapy during which Dr Crowson regularly rang me to see how I was getting on. If Dr Crowson hadn't have been so candid with me at that appointment, the cancer could have spread further as it was very aggressive. I, quite frankly, owe him my life. He also diagnosed me as having Palmoplanter Pustulosis a few years back when I had previously been told I had eczema/dermatitis and this wasn't even during a consultation - he had been asked by the nurse to assist in removing some stiches from my nose and I asked if he knew what was wrong with my hands. Finest GP I've met. I trust him implicitly.

Doctors working at Macklin Street Surgery