Dr Ravishankar Sargur

Dr Ravishankar Sargur is a Consultant Immunologist at the Northern General Hospital. He set up the Aspirin nasal challenge and desensitisation service in Northern General hospital. His interests include specialist allergy testing, investigating hidden allergens and problems with the immune system (antibody deficiency, autoimmunity etc. He has keen interest in training and was previously Training Program Director for Immunology in Yorkshire, Humber and East Midlands. He is currently chair of the Speciality Advisory Committee (Immunology) at Joint Royal College of Physicians Training Board. Dr. Sargur has a major interest in allergy education and regularly gives lectures and tutorials to GPs, developed allergy & immunology modules for medical students. He is a member of the Venom Allergy Interest group in the European Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology ( EAACI).

13th March 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Thornbury Hospital

A special thanks to Dr Sargur for taking extra time to methodically and accurately diagnose the problem that Before seeing Dr Sargur I had met with serval NHS based specialists who left me upset and confused about my symptoms. However, Dr Sargur was a gentle listener who listened attentively to my history before diagnosis and explaining in detail the reasons behind the underlying condition that I have. He also explained how to manage any future symptoms. During and after my appointment I felt positive and at ease about the treatment given. Dr Sargur also gave me a detailed information pack about Urticaria and Angio-odema as well as full report stating everything that was discussed at the meeting. The report was also sent to my GP which clearly included specific blood tests and medication that my GP should follow through making the communication between specialists and GP even stronger. Thank you again!

5th March 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Good appointment, listened and got to the bottom of my allergy

22nd January 2018
Written by a patient at Claremont Private Hospital

very understanding and listened to everything I said

22nd January 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Dr Sargur was very pleasant and he was understanding to me being late to my appointment due to a Police incident near the hospital. He asked lots of questions and gave good, clear information and advice on dealing with my allergies.

11th December 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Thornbury Hospital

I felt very comfortable throughout the consultation and felt the step by step questions on my symptoms and the following explanations helped with my understanding of the issues and also gave me confidence in the diagnosis. I felt that Dr Sargur listened to all the issues and explained the points that were relevant to my illness in an easy way to help me find the best way to improve my health. Leaving the consultation, I felt confident that I was on the right track after many years of suffering.

Nearest Immunologists