Dr Ravishankar Sargur

Dr Ravishankar Sargur is a Consultant Immunologist at the Northern General Hospital. He set up the Aspirin nasal challenge and desensitisation service in Northern General hospital. His interests include specialist allergy testing, investigating hidden allergens and problems with the immune system (antibody deficiency, autoimmunity etc. He has keen interest in training and was previously Training Program Director for Immunology in Yorkshire, Humber and East Midlands. He is currently chair of the Speciality Advisory Committee (Immunology) at Joint Royal College of Physicians Training Board. Dr. Sargur has a major interest in allergy education and regularly gives lectures and tutorials to GPs, developed allergy & immunology modules for medical students. He is a member of the Venom Allergy Interest group in the European Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology ( EAACI).

22nd January 2018
Written by a patient at Claremont Private Hospital

very understanding and listened to everything I said

22nd January 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Dr Sargur was very pleasant and he was understanding to me being late to my appointment due to a Police incident near the hospital. He asked lots of questions and gave good, clear information and advice on dealing with my allergies.

11th December 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Thornbury Hospital

I felt very comfortable throughout the consultation and felt the step by step questions on my symptoms and the following explanations helped with my understanding of the issues and also gave me confidence in the diagnosis. I felt that Dr Sargur listened to all the issues and explained the points that were relevant to my illness in an easy way to help me find the best way to improve my health. Leaving the consultation, I felt confident that I was on the right track after many years of suffering.

3rd December 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Thornbury Hospital

Dr Sargur was very knowledgeable, friendly and caring. He listened to everything I said and went through it all in detail in a way I understood and not all in complicated medical terminology. I would definitely recommend him.

3rd December 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Thornbury Hospital

Listened to me and performed a skin prick test at the time I was there for the consultation, which was very useful. Gave me options for next steps and explained his thoughts about my condition clearly. It was a very worthwhile appointment.

Nearest Immunologists