Dr Ravishankar Sargur

Dr Ravishankar Sargur is a Consultant Immunologist at the Northern General Hospital. He set up the Aspirin nasal challenge and desensitisation service in Northern General hospital. His interests include specialist allergy testing, investigating hidden allergens and problems with the immune system (antibody deficiency, autoimmunity etc. He has keen interest in training and was previously Training Program Director for Immunology in Yorkshire, Humber and East Midlands. He is currently chair of the Speciality Advisory Committee (Immunology) at Joint Royal College of Physicians Training Board. Dr. Sargur has a major interest in allergy education and regularly gives lectures and tutorials to GPs, developed allergy & immunology modules for medical students. He is a member of the Venom Allergy Interest group in the European Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology ( EAACI).

20th May 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Thornbury Hospital

Dr Sargur was such an approachable person, listened to everything which I said. I have every confident in the diagnosis and trust Dr Sargur completely. During the consultation I never felt that I was being rushed. I travelled from Manchester to Sheffield to see Dr Sargur and it was well worth the trip, There would be no hesitation in a return visit.

13th May 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Thornbury Hospital

I saw Dr Sargur following a reaction after surgery. He was charming, efficient and made me feel completely at ease. He listened to me and carried out various tests and followed up by phoning and writing to me with results. I cannot praise him highly enough and would not hesitate in recommending him to anyone requiring his expert knowledge.

12th May 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Thornbury Hospital

Explained everything in detail and repeated if necessary. Calm and approachable manner. Extremely person centred and family centred. Kind and honest

10th April 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Thornbury Hospital

Dr Sargur was extremely thorough and explained everything really well.

31st March 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Thornbury Hospital

I saw Dr. Sargur as a private patient and travelled from Dubai to see him following a number of visits to A & E Departments for allergic type reactions I suffered from in Dubai. I had seen two other Doctors in Dubai without any meaningful diagnosis before deciding to travel to see Dr. Sargur. Dr. Sargur listened to the full details of the circumstances of what had happened to me and when. Following a physical examination, he reached his diagnosis and explained what the recommended treatment plan was for me going forward. I thought Dr. Sargur was excellent. He listened carefully, explained the reasons how he arrived at his diagnosis and took the time to make sure that I understood and was clear on the best way forward. I would certainly recommend Dr. Sargur to anyone who is looking for an expert Consultant Immunologist.

Nearest Immunologists