Dr Ravishankar Sargur

Dr Ravishankar Sargur is a Consultant Immunologist at the Northern General Hospital. He set up the Aspirin nasal challenge and desensitisation service in Northern General hospital. His interests include specialist allergy testing, investigating hidden allergens and problems with the immune system (antibody deficiency, autoimmunity etc. He has keen interest in training and was previously Training Program Director for Immunology in Yorkshire, Humber and East Midlands. He is currently chair of the Speciality Advisory Committee (Immunology) at Joint Royal College of Physicians Training Board. Dr. Sargur has a major interest in allergy education and regularly gives lectures and tutorials to GPs, developed allergy & immunology modules for medical students. He is a member of the Venom Allergy Interest group in the European Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology ( EAACI).

20th May 2014
Written by a patient at Northern General Hospital

Dr Sargur explained the results of the blood test to me and once again explained the two different forms of desensitisation so I could make a choice on which one would suit me best. I was happy with the consultation I received.

20th May 2014
Written by a patient at Claremont Private Hospital

I saw Dr Sargur at Claremont Hospital last year in August privately as I could no get a referral from my GP since they thought I could treat my condition with taking higher dosages of antihistamines. I was very happy that Dr Sargur listened to me and asked my GP to perform a blood test and to refer me to the Allergy Clinic in the Northern General Hospital. He explained the treatment very well.

12th May 2014
Written by a patient at Claremont Private Hospital

I found Dr Sargur really helpful, he listened to my problem, suggested options and explained all stages for each option clearly. He explained what the possible issues were and I came away feeling reassured and like there is a plan for treatment.

12th May 2014
Written by a patient at BMI Thornbury Hospital

Listened to everything I said and sent me for the appropriate tests he thought I needed and also refereed me on to someone else if he couldn't help with it which was great.

Nearest Immunologists