Dr Ravishankar Sargur

Dr Ravishankar Sargur is a Consultant Immunologist at the Northern General Hospital. He set up the Aspirin nasal challenge and desensitisation service in Northern General hospital. His interests include specialist allergy testing, investigating hidden allergens and problems with the immune system (antibody deficiency, autoimmunity etc. He has keen interest in training and was previously Training Program Director for Immunology in Yorkshire, Humber and East Midlands. He is currently chair of the Speciality Advisory Committee (Immunology) at Joint Royal College of Physicians Training Board. Dr. Sargur has a major interest in allergy education and regularly gives lectures and tutorials to GPs, developed allergy & immunology modules for medical students. He is a member of the Venom Allergy Interest group in the European Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology ( EAACI).

28th February 2015
Written by a patient at Claremont Private Hospital

I found Dr. Sargur to be extremely courteous and polite. His thorough questioning of my previous medical history, as well as the reason for my being referred to him, left me in no doubt that I was receiving the best possible care, and I could be confident in any conclusions that were reached. At the end of the consultation both my husband and I felt Dr. Sargur had explained everything in a detailed manner, and although he gave me the opportunity to ask further questions there was nothing further I could have queried.

28th February 2015
Written by a patient at BMI Thornbury Hospital

This as an incredibly useful session . Careful information gathering with some sensitive and thoughtful questions and an appropriate explanation at the right level ! Spot on - thanks very much indeed !

16th February 2015
Written by a patient at Claremont Private Hospital

Superb doctor of the highest quality. Intelligent, trustworthy and reassuring. Very thorough in his investigations and a very polite and nice man.

16th February 2015
Written by a patient at Claremont Private Hospital

This doctor has been amazing, he listened well and gave advice, he knew so much and shared the science behind it with me so I understood what he was advising and why it was happening to my body, after seeing a range of doctors he was worth going private for, the medication he recommended has helped me tenfold and he has even been on the end of an e mail when I have wanted further help and advice, I can't thank you enough for what you have done

15th February 2015
Written by a patient at Claremont Private Hospital

Dr. Sargur spent a great deal of time gathering the necessary history before explaining the relevant information in easy-to-understand terms. This was backed-up by a full written summary, that was sent to both my GP and myself, along with results and recommendations for the future. I had a professional, friendly consultation and would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Sargur.

Nearest Immunologists