Dr Ravishankar Sargur

Dr Ravishankar Sargur is a Consultant Immunologist at the Northern General Hospital. He set up the Aspirin nasal challenge and desensitisation service in Northern General hospital. His interests include specialist allergy testing, investigating hidden allergens and problems with the immune system (antibody deficiency, autoimmunity etc. He has keen interest in training and was previously Training Program Director for Immunology in Yorkshire, Humber and East Midlands. He is currently chair of the Speciality Advisory Committee (Immunology) at Joint Royal College of Physicians Training Board. Dr. Sargur has a major interest in allergy education and regularly gives lectures and tutorials to GPs, developed allergy & immunology modules for medical students. He is a member of the Venom Allergy Interest group in the European Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology ( EAACI).

25th January 2015
Written by a patient at BMI Thornbury Hospital

Thank you very much to Dr Sargur for his care and thorough approach. His extreme intelligence, extensive knowledge and natural pedagogic skills are qualities which made meeting this gentleman a pleasure as well as an enriching experience.

28th December 2014
Written by a patient at Claremont Private Hospital

Doctor Sagur listened in great detail to my case and this is demonstrated very clearly in his follow up notes that he sent to myself with my invoice and to my doctor. He was also very helpful in explaining scientific information in a very simple and clear way for me to understand my consultation in the detail I wanted. Overall was very happy with my consultation

30th August 2014
Written by a patient at Claremont Private Hospital

I was referred to Dr Sargur in May at Claremont via BUPA following an extreme allergic reaction. I received 2 consultations and several tests in order to try and ascertain the cause of the allergy. Dr Sargur has a wonderful and genuine way with people and shows tremendous natural care and understanding. His extensive knowledge, expertise and ability to translate complex medical scenarios into easy to understand language is exceptional. He made time to answer my many questions which I very much appreciated at what was a very frightening period for me. I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending Dr Sargur at all - a pleasure to meet him. With my sincere thanks Lisa Butterfield

20th May 2014
Written by a patient at Northern General Hospital

Dr Sargur explained the results of the blood test to me and once again explained the two different forms of desensitisation so I could make a choice on which one would suit me best. I was happy with the consultation I received.

20th May 2014
Written by a patient at Claremont Private Hospital

I saw Dr Sargur at Claremont Hospital last year in August privately as I could no get a referral from my GP since they thought I could treat my condition with taking higher dosages of antihistamines. I was very happy that Dr Sargur listened to me and asked my GP to perform a blood test and to refer me to the Allergy Clinic in the Northern General Hospital. He explained the treatment very well.

Nearest Immunologists