Dr Ravishankar Sargur

Dr Ravishankar Sargur is a Consultant Immunologist at the Northern General Hospital. He set up the Aspirin nasal challenge and desensitisation service in Northern General hospital. His interests include specialist allergy testing, investigating hidden allergens and problems with the immune system (antibody deficiency, autoimmunity etc. He has keen interest in training and was previously Training Program Director for Immunology in Yorkshire, Humber and East Midlands. He is currently chair of the Speciality Advisory Committee (Immunology) at Joint Royal College of Physicians Training Board. Dr. Sargur has a major interest in allergy education and regularly gives lectures and tutorials to GPs, developed allergy & immunology modules for medical students. He is a member of the Venom Allergy Interest group in the European Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology ( EAACI).

29th October 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Thornbury Hospital

I felt in very safe knowledgeable hands, he explained everything in laments terms and made sure I understood the diagnosis. He covered all aspects and invited any questions I may have. He was very thorough and I left with a full understanding of my condition

27th October 2018
Written by a carer at BMI Thornbury Hospital

Having recently gone through a very traumatic experience with my husband being hospitalised with acute angioedema and put into a induced coma , we both found it very reassuring speaking with Dr Sargur. His in depth explanation and his advice with regard to medication that would best be avoided in the future was very helpful . It was good to speak with someone that fully explained things to us .

27th October 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

He listened and took notice.

12th October 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Thornbury Hospital

During the appointment Dr Sargur listened with understanding and was very calm. I received a detailed treatment plan promptly after my appointment. I wish there were more consultants as good as Dr Sargur. If I need to see an allergy consultant again privately he will be my first choice.

3rd September 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Dr Sargur treated my wife a few months ago and now me last Saturday, 01 Sep 2018. He has an amazing understanding of immunology, listens very well, calm and highly professional with very friendly manners. I highly recommend him for all allergy and immunology problems.

Nearest Immunologists