dr-ravishankar-sargur

Dr Ravishankar Sargur

28th January 2021

He explained things really well

Written by a patient at BMI Thornbury Hospital
19th January 2021

Dr Sargur phoned me before my appointment to make sure I was happy coming into hospital due to current Covid situation. The appointment was on time and I felt very comfortable as he is so friendly. He listened to me and gave time to explain what I was experiencing as well as a history of my symptoms. He gave me reassurance and my tests results and recommendations were sent to me promptly. I would not hesitate to recommend him and can’t thank him enough for helping me.

19th January 2021

Dr Sargur was able to provide a formal diagnosis for my chronic spontaneous urticaria and provide me with thorough information on treatment and management of the disease. He has provided constant support via email and kept me updated with every stage of the process and he is pursuing the best possible treatment for me. I am grateful for his expertise and understanding on the matter and I think he is an excellent immunologist.

Written by a patient at BMI Thornbury Hospital
17th January 2021

Dr. Sargur was extremely knowledgeable. I did not expect to receive so much information on my allergies in relation to the Covid vaccines. Everything was explained to me in a way I fully understood. Dr.Sargur was very patient whilst I replied to his questions. He gave me every opportunity to ask further questions too. My telephone consultation was just as reassuring as any face to face appointment. I have answers to my concerns, peace of mind along with a plan to move forward for further investigation. It was like a weight lifted from my shoulders!

12th January 2021

Was contacted by video consult due to the pandemic. Calm easy to talk to Dr, who allowed me time to speak.

Dr Ravishankar Sargur was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

Dr Ravishankar Sargur is a Consultant Immunologist at the Northern General Hospital. He set up the Aspirin nasal challenge and desensitisation service in Northern General hospital. His interests include specialist allergy testing, investigating hidden allergens and problems with the immune system (antibody deficiency, autoimmunity etc. He has keen interest in training and was previously Training Program Director for Immunology in Yorkshire, Humber and East Midlands. He is currently chair of the Speciality Advisory Committee (Immunology) at Joint Royal College of Physicians Training Board. Dr. Sargur has a major interest in allergy education and regularly gives lectures and tutorials to GPs, developed allergy & immunology modules for medical students. He is a member of the Venom Allergy Interest group in the European Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology ( EAACI).

Nearest Immunologists