Dr Ravishankar Sargur

Dr Ravishankar Sargur is a Consultant Immunologist at the Northern General Hospital. He set up the Aspirin nasal challenge and desensitisation service in Northern General hospital. His interests include specialist allergy testing, investigating hidden allergens and problems with the immune system (antibody deficiency, autoimmunity etc. He has keen interest in training and was previously Training Program Director for Immunology in Yorkshire, Humber and East Midlands. He is currently chair of the Speciality Advisory Committee (Immunology) at Joint Royal College of Physicians Training Board. Dr. Sargur has a major interest in allergy education and regularly gives lectures and tutorials to GPs, developed allergy & immunology modules for medical students. He is a member of the Venom Allergy Interest group in the European Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology ( EAACI).

10th April 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Thornbury Hospital

Dr Sargur was extremely thorough and explained everything really well.

31st March 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Thornbury Hospital

I saw Dr. Sargur as a private patient and travelled from Dubai to see him following a number of visits to A & E Departments for allergic type reactions I suffered from in Dubai. I had seen two other Doctors in Dubai without any meaningful diagnosis before deciding to travel to see Dr. Sargur. Dr. Sargur listened to the full details of the circumstances of what had happened to me and when. Following a physical examination, he reached his diagnosis and explained what the recommended treatment plan was for me going forward. I thought Dr. Sargur was excellent. He listened carefully, explained the reasons how he arrived at his diagnosis and took the time to make sure that I understood and was clear on the best way forward. I would certainly recommend Dr. Sargur to anyone who is looking for an expert Consultant Immunologist.

13th March 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Thornbury Hospital

A special thanks to Dr Sargur for taking extra time to methodically and accurately diagnose the problem that Before seeing Dr Sargur I had met with serval NHS based specialists who left me upset and confused about my symptoms. However, Dr Sargur was a gentle listener who listened attentively to my history before diagnosis and explaining in detail the reasons behind the underlying condition that I have. He also explained how to manage any future symptoms. During and after my appointment I felt positive and at ease about the treatment given. Dr Sargur also gave me a detailed information pack about Urticaria and Angio-odema as well as full report stating everything that was discussed at the meeting. The report was also sent to my GP which clearly included specific blood tests and medication that my GP should follow through making the communication between specialists and GP even stronger. Thank you again!

5th March 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Good appointment, listened and got to the bottom of my allergy

22nd January 2018
Written by a patient at Claremont Private Hospital

very understanding and listened to everything I said

Nearest Immunologists