dr-ravishankar-sargur

Dr Ravishankar Sargur

12th January 2021

Was contacted by video consult due to the pandemic. Calm easy to talk to Dr, who allowed me time to speak.

26th December 2020

He took the time to listen and gave explanations for things.

15th December 2020

Asked a lot of detailed questions to assess what the cause of the symptoms were and then explained his reasoning as to what could cause the symptoms and what would be best going forward.

Written by a patient at BMI Thornbury Hospital
13th December 2020

Dr Sargur gave me time and listened carefully to what I had to say and I appreciated that. I had prepared a timeline of illnesses over a period of years which I gave him during the consultation. He told me how helpful it was to him and for me, having decided to prepare one, it helped me to focus on the health issues that were important to me and to put them into a constuctive narrative. I think a pro forma for new patients could be very helpful to both health professionals and patients on a first consultation. Allergies and intolerances are slippery symptoms - not as clear cut as breaking a bone for example - anything that will help to pin down what is going on seems to me to be helpful

11th December 2020

Fantastic care from Dr Sargur who I would highly recommend. Dr Sargur listened to my problems attentively and I felt she took the appropriate action in order to get to the bottom of my systems. I am very grateful. Thank you.

Dr Ravishankar Sargur was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

Dr Ravishankar Sargur is a Consultant Immunologist at the Northern General Hospital. He set up the Aspirin nasal challenge and desensitisation service in Northern General hospital. His interests include specialist allergy testing, investigating hidden allergens and problems with the immune system (antibody deficiency, autoimmunity etc. He has keen interest in training and was previously Training Program Director for Immunology in Yorkshire, Humber and East Midlands. He is currently chair of the Speciality Advisory Committee (Immunology) at Joint Royal College of Physicians Training Board. Dr. Sargur has a major interest in allergy education and regularly gives lectures and tutorials to GPs, developed allergy & immunology modules for medical students. He is a member of the Venom Allergy Interest group in the European Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology ( EAACI).

Nearest Immunologists