dr-ravishankar-sargur

Dr Ravishankar Sargur

11th April 2021

Dr Sargur is a great doctor who I recommend highly, a friend told me about him and what an excellent immunologist he is, and he was absolutely correct. He is very understanding and listens to your problems and concerns before giving his advice about how to move forward. Although I’m from Co. Durham I selected Dr Sargur in Sheffield as my Bupa consultant and I’m pleased I did, I would have no hesitation in sending a friend or family member to him.

Written by a private patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital
3rd April 2021

I can fully recommend Dr Sargur.He was extremely professional and having listened to my medical issues he was most helpful in explaining the situation to me and recommending further reading for me on line. I have been suffering from rhinitis and had a bad reaction to my first COVID vaccination.He was able to reassure me about going ahead with the second vaccination dispelling my reservations. He prescribed a nasal spray for my rhinitis which has proved to be very successful after the first weeks use. Dr Sargur arranged for me to have a blood test there and then to confirm his diagnosis. I was very impressed by the fact that he emailed me with a copy of his report to my GP and test results within a week as he had promised.

27th March 2021

My son was seen as a private patient after waiting many months on the nhs and still no appointment to explore what we thought was an allergy. I took him to Dr Sangur at Thornbury and despite some confusion at reception when it turned out he shouldn't have been given an appointment ad he is under 18, we were quickly seen. The hospital arranged for a paediatric nurse to be present so that this was possible. Dr Sangur listened to us and his explanations were comprehensive, easy for my son to understand and backed up by on screen photos. We were reassured by the diagnosis and suggested course of action. The review was written and emailed very promptly.

27th March 2021

I was very apprehensive about attending this appointment as I felt like I was a little stuck and would never get help for my urticaria. This experience was amazing Dr. Sargur made me feel extremely comfortable, went though all medical history, really took his time to listen to me. I would absolutely recommend him and would happily attend another appointment with him if I need to. Will be forever grateful for his time.

Written by a private patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital
7th March 2021

I would recommend this doctor. I felt he listened to me to understand the issues & could offer good advice in respect of medication & further tests.

Dr Ravishankar Sargur was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

Dr Ravishankar Sargur is a Consultant Immunologist at the Northern General Hospital. He set up the Aspirin nasal challenge and desensitisation service in Northern General hospital. His interests include specialist allergy testing, investigating hidden allergens and problems with the immune system (antibody deficiency, autoimmunity etc. He has keen interest in training and was previously Training Program Director for Immunology in Yorkshire, Humber and East Midlands. He is currently chair of the Speciality Advisory Committee (Immunology) at Joint Royal College of Physicians Training Board. Dr. Sargur has a major interest in allergy education and regularly gives lectures and tutorials to GPs, developed allergy & immunology modules for medical students. He is a member of the Venom Allergy Interest group in the European Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology ( EAACI).

Nearest Immunologists