Dr Ramnik Mathur

I am a Paediatric Consultant at West Middlesex University hospital. I qualified in India in 1998 after which I did MD in paediatrics from Rajasthan University, which is a 3 year degree course. I worked for a year in India as a senior registrar before coming to UK in 2001. I have trained in the UK for 10 years in paediatrics & neonates at various major UK hospitals like Great Ormond Street, St. Thomas’, St. George’s, St Mary’s. That has given me a vast experience of dealing with various common conditions seen in children. I am fully registered with the GMC and has a special interest in newborns and infants I worked at Ealing Hospital as a consultant in paediatrics since 2012, after achieving my certificate of completion of training. I have now joined at West Middlesex Hospital since Nov. 2017 I have practising privileges at Clementine Churchill Hospital in Harrow and Syon Clinic in Brentford. I offer consultations for common problems like headache, abdominal pain, excessive vomiting, excessive crying, odd shaped heads, tongue tie, poor weight gain, constipation, neonatal jaundice, allergies etc. If you are using health insurance, it is also usually wise to contact your insurance company to authorise the consultation. If you are paying for the consultation yourself, you can just ring the appointments line to make an appointment.

7th November 2018
Written by a carer at BMI Syon Clinic

We saw Dr Mathur few months ago when our baby son was diagnosed with CMPA, however did not receive appropriate care and attention from our local doctor. Dr Mathur changed our baby's formula and the difference was incredible, it was almost like having a new happy baby! Our son has been content and very happy ever since. His skin cleared completely and he's gained weight. We have received very useful guidance from Dr Mathur regarding weaning and introduction of high risk food such as nuts. We found Dr Mathur very approachable and knowledgable. He is an excellent paediatrician. We do trust him and will continue to see him for a long time as we want my son to receive the best care.

1st November 2018
Written by a carer at West Middlesex University Hospital

I would like to open this review with a thank you to Dr Mathur, you have truly changed my daughters life, and in turn allowed us to see our child happy and healthy, for that we a forever grateful. Dr Mathur showed a genuine interest in our issue with our daughter who was two months old at the time, thankfully one of his nurses asked about our daughter and she quickly realised that there was a possibility that she had a Cows Milk Protein allergy, Dr Mathur's nurse then relayed this to him and at short notice he insisted that we attend the Hospital to see him as he wanted to see our daughter in an effort to help us. Our daughter could not sleep and displayed symptoms consistent with reflux, as well as stomach troubles. Within then minutes Dr Mathur concluded that our daughter had the allergy and prescribed the correct milk as well as reflux medication which improved our daughter's feed, and her reflux within a couple of weeks. Before meeting Dr Mathur our daughter would not feed correctly, she was below her percentile and would not gain weight, she was also in constant discomfort during and after feeds. Our GP was visited regularly to no avail, their answer was to up her prescribed medication and to continue feeding her as normal with the advice of "this will pass", like most new parents this did not help the situation with seeing our daughter in constant pain, and not being able to help her. When Dr Mathur insisted that we travelled to see him in order to help I was sceptical as my trust in doctors largely thanks to my GP was not great. Dr Mathur and his nurse were quite simply miracle workers, they saw our daughter and Dr Mathur diagnosed her almost instantly, and he was absolutely correct, now she has gained weight, her skin has cleared and ultimately my daughter is a happy smiling baby. I cant thank Dr Mathur and His nurse Torrance enough for what they did for my daughter, Dr Mathur's expertise has absolutely blown us away, and now we can all sleep and I get to see her smile, and i know shes not in pain anymore. I am forever grateful, thank you.

25th May 2018
Written by a carer at West Middlesex University Hospital

We were referred to Dr.Mathur for our 3 month old daughter because of her low weight. Dr.Mathur's approach was very nice and diligent not only he made the required referells to other departments (cardiology and genetic and ultrasound) to rule out any other possible factors affecting the gowth of our daughter but also provided us with useful knowledge and information regarding nutrients for our lil one.To cut short she was just over 3centiles when we started seeing dr.mathur and now she is 9months old and way above 9th centile.So we are very grateful and consider ourself to be lucky to be referred to Dr.Mathur

7th May 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Syon Clinic

We have been seeing Dr. Mathur for the past 3 months regarding our infant baby's constipation problem - All along, he has been very polite, courteous and is extremely punctual. Dr. Mathur's vast experience in the area of baby allergies is evident when he explains the science behind some of them. He is very clear in his communication, and is very considerate in dealing with first time parents like us - he is always open to questions, and patiently answers all questions we had thrown at him. He is prompt to email us the written summary of his diagnosis following every appointment, and he hosts an incredibly resourceful website which has a lot of useful information on some of the most common conditions/myths regarding new borns. We would be very glad to recommend Dr. Mathur to parents who are looking for the best care for their babies.

2nd March 2018
Written by a carer at West Middlesex University Hospital

Dr Mathur treated our 5week old son. He was extensive and diligent in his investigation. His approach was incredibly caring and we found him to be above and beyond in regular communication. An excellent paediatrician.

Nearest Paediatricians