Dr Rakesh Shah

Dr Rakesh Shah is Consultant Gastroenterologist and Clinical Lead for Gastroenterology at Broomfield Hospital in Essex. He provides private assessment and treatment for gastrointestinal problems, including heartburn, gastric and intestinal pain and changes in bowel habit, at Springfield Hospital in Chelmsford.

• Gastroenterology
  • Internal (General) Medicine

3rd September 2019
Written by a patient at Springfield Hospital

Had two appointments recently and although the problem turned out not to be gastro related Dr Shah's actions have got me to the right consultant and a treatment plan. He has a very confident, pleasant and reassuring nature when in consultation.

26th August 2019
Written by a patient at Springfield Hospital

From my first meeting with Dr. Shah the understanding, compassion and the need for reassurance shone through. He gave me confidence regarding the treatment that I needed all the way through. I would not hesitate if I needed to see him again and would recommend him without hesitation. In fact I only wish more doctors were like him. I would like to take this opportunity to thank him once again.

21st August 2019
Written by a patient at Springfield Hospital

Dr Shah is one of the most caring and professional Doctors that has ever looked after me. He has been treating me for Barretts Hiatus Hernia over !0 yrs, Last year unfortunately discovered a Tumor in my oesophagus. Thanks to his promptness and advise was able to have the Tumor removed endoscipally. Cant praise this man enough.

7th July 2019
Written by a patient at Broomfield Hospital

I cannot recommend Dr Shah highly enough. He listened to everything I had to say about my symptoms and then fully discussed what the likely causes were, how he would investigate to confirm his diagnosis and then the subsequent treatment. A few months down the line I have had my diagnosis and am continuing with the prescribed treatment which is working really well. It's a pleasure to see Dr Shah in the review clinic, he has a very friendly approachable manner and for me, I'm so glad he is looking after me,l am sure I couldn't be be in better handsI

22nd June 2019
Written by a patient at Springfield Hospital

I went to see dr shah as I had some rectal bleeding and abdomen pain, he was fantastic, he listened to me and my concerns and explained every procedure that was going to take place. I had a sigmoidoscopy which dr shah handled himself and as a very nervous patient he re assured me all they way through the procedure. If I had any more gastro problems I would not hesitate to go and see him thank you once again

Nearest Gastroenterologists