Dr Rakesh Shah

Dr Rakesh Shah is Consultant Gastroenterologist and Clinical Lead for Gastroenterology at Broomfield Hospital in Essex. He provides private assessment and treatment for gastrointestinal problems, including heartburn, gastric and intestinal pain and changes in bowel habit, at Springfield Hospital in Chelmsford.

• Gastroenterology
  • Internal (General) Medicine

11th September 2016

Great care given by Dr Shah

30th August 2016
Written by a patient at Broomfield Hospital

Dr Shah is a brilliant doctor but after the years that I have known him I would know say it is more like a friendship , he always has time to listen to you and certainly respects your views, what other consultant gives you his e.mail address to get in contact at any time wether the good times or the bad , as per my latest contact . I contacted Rakesh Friday before the bank holiday with a problem ( major to me) and he gets back saying he will see me Tuesday after the holiday , just like that, today he has given me such reassurance that I know he always does and gives to all his patients , All the staff at the Endoscopy unit in Broomfield are so helpful as well . I couldn't ask to be treated better .

17th June 2016
Written by a patient at Springfield Hospital

Dr Shah is the most caring and understanding doctor I have ever had. The treatment I have received has been first class at both Springfield and Broomfield hospitals. I can without hesitation recommend him to any patient coming under his care.

20th May 2016
Written by a patient at Springfield Hospital

Dr Shah was reassuring and understanding and inspires great confidence. Exemplary.

1st May 2016
Written by a patient at Broomfield Hospital

Dr Shah is a Gentleman, very caring he even asked my partner how he was coping. He is soft spoken we were put at ease right from the word go this gave me confidence that I was being listened to at last. I had a CT scan and a lot of investigations under another specialist Gastroenterolgist at Colchester Hospital and was told nothing wrong but I was still in terrible pain 10/10 released back to my GP for pain relief. I got a referral to Dr Shah he ordered a MRI scan and a colonoscopy. I had a diagnosis at last, no surgery required ( I thought the worst as I have so much Pain all the time) treat with medication and I was referred to the pain clinic. I would recommend Dr Shah to anybody he is a Gentleman and very caring. "Wonderful"

Nearest Internal (General) medicine specialists