Written by a patient at Broomfield Hospital
15th April 2020

Dr Shah is a fantastic Consultant and so knowledgeable. When I had a few procedures carried out he put me at ease and talked me through everything thoroughly that I had complete confidence in him. I would recommend him to anyone.

Written by a carer at Broomfield Hospital
12th April 2020

Dr Shah , was my daughters consultant while in broomfield hospital, when she was extremely ill with liver failure . He explained everything to my self and my wife in a way we both could understand . He also treats patients and relatives with the upmost respect . He would always make time to see you if needed and we as parents have the trust in him ,to help our daughter through her difficult time . I know my daughter would like to thank him ,so much for the care he has given her, as would my wife and i . A great consultant that is so caring . thank-you very much Dr Shah

Written by a patient at Springfield Hospital
26th March 2020

I have only been under the care of Doctor Shah for a few months. However, in this short period of time he has been extremely thorough in my care and made me feel at ease. I feel very confident that I am in safe hands and will do the best for my future as a Crohns patient.

Written by a patient at Springfield Hospital
9th March 2020

Dr Shah was very friendly and put me at ease. He was very thorough and diligent. He conducted a gastroenterology and was excellent at explaining the test results. He then referred me to a cardiologist as he had a concern about my heart. Overall, Dr Shay is a fantastic Doctor and is credit to the hospital!

Written by a patient at Broomfield Hospital
4th February 2020

From consultation to receiving treatment by Dr Shah I found him to be most attentive & caring, this in turn gave me utmost confidence in his ability to perform the procedure to improve my digestive problem in the lower oesophagus/ Achalasia by Botox injection. I would have no hesitation in recommending anyone to seek his very professional help should they suffer from similar problems to my own.

• Gastroenterology
  • Internal (General) Medicine

Dr Rakesh Shah is Consultant Gastroenterologist and Clinical Lead for Gastroenterology at Broomfield Hospital in Essex. He provides private assessment and treatment for gastrointestinal problems, including heartburn, gastric and intestinal pain and changes in bowel habit, at Springfield Hospital in Chelmsford.

Nearest Gastroenterologists