dr-rahul-mogal

Written by a patient at BMI The Princess Margaret Hospital
23rd June 2020

Dr Mogal is a first rate consultant! He has helped me with various chest conditions on multiple occassions over the years. He is extremely kind and supportive and his medical expertise has made a huge difference to my recovery. He is highly knowledgeable in his field and happy to give his time to listen and provide practical advice.

Written by a patient at Spire Thames Valley Hospital
15th February 2020

Very friendly and approachable doctor. Dr Mogal tries everything to ensure an accurate diagnosis can be made and most importantly, a suitable treatment.

Written by a patient at Spire Thames Valley Hospital
13th February 2020

I was diagnosed with Pneumonia second time in a just a month and was referred to Dr. Rahul Mogal by my GP as a private patient. The entire process was smooth and easy, right from booking the first appointment to my last. It’s very convenient that he is listed with all the major private health insurances. He is amazingly warm with his patients and makes his patients feel comfortable right from the moment your name is called out. You get the kind of assurance from him that you look for in a great doctor when you have chronic illness which was the case for me. He listens to the patients and gives you good time to talk and hear all your concerns. He is very knowledgeable and an amazing The service was excellent, with prompt CT appointments and blood tests to find of the actual cause and the type of pneumonia. I was assured all throughout the process with regular emails and follow ups. Couldn’t recommend him enough. Thank you so much.

Written by a patient at BMI The Princess Margaret Hospital
13th January 2020

Dr Mogal was fantastic to deal with when he diagnosed me with Severe Sleep Apnea. He quickly got me tested and refered to a company in London for my CPAP Machine. He listens and is patient with his patients, cant recommend him enough.

Written by a patient at Watford General Hospital
11th December 2019

Dr. Mogal was very detailed in his analysis of the disease . Took the time to explain the cause, the care and management required. Not only a doctor but showed the human side of the medical profession.

Current membership(s) of professional, national and regional bodies: Royal College of Physicians British Thoracic Society European Respiratory Society British Medical Association General Medical Council Medical defence Union Professional Profile: I am a Consultant in Respiratory and General Medicine with specialist interest in Interventional Pulmonology and Lung Cancer. I am trained as a respiratory specialist in London gaining experience at the Royal London and London Chest Hospitals. I undertook a Clinical Fellowship in Interventional Bronchoscopy at the prestigious Thoraxklinik, Heidelberg, Germany. I have experience in specialised interventional procedures such as EBUS (Endobronchial Ultrasound), endobronchial stenting and valves. Other specialist interests include pleural disease, thoracic (chest) ultrasound, medical thoracoscopy and indwelling (long term) pleural catheter. I manage patients with entire range of respiratory conditions including asthma, allergy, bronchiectasis, COPD, lung cancer, lung fibrosis, lung infections including TB, pulmonary nodules, sarcoidosis, sleep apnoea, unexplained cough or breathlessness etc. My NHS practice is based at Watford General Hospital where I look after in-patient, out-patient and carries out wide range interventional procedures. I am Trust lead for Lung Cancer, COPD Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) and interventional pulmonology. I am also Chairman of the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Lung Network Cancer Group (NCG) and West Sussex and Hertfordshire Sustainability and Transformation Partnership (STP) Lead for Lung Cancer. Along with practising respiratory medicine, I am involved in acute medicine on-call rota at Watford General hospital. I have extensive experience of acute general and emergency medicine. I work closely with a multidisciplinary team, including physicians, thoracic surgeons, oncologists, specialist nurses, radiologists, physiotherapists, physiologists and pathologists to provide the best treatment and ensure optimal outcome for each patient. Personal Profile: Away from medicine; I enjoy spending time with family, cricket and tennis.

Nearest Internal (General) medicine specialists