dr-rahul-mogal

21st September 2022

Wonderful doctor , Dr Rahaul Mogal explained everything thoroughly and dealt with all my concerns very professionally Thank you Dr Rahaul :) .

Written by a private patient at Bishops Wood Hospital
1st July 2022

My experience with Dr Mogal as my doctor couldn't have been better. Dr Mogal is an experienced, knowledgeable thorough and excelent professional. During the all time Dr Mogal made sure I was informed of what was happening, he carried all necessary tests to investigate my condition and made sure I was looked after. I couldn't recommend enough Dr Mogal.

Written by a private patient at Bishops Wood Hospital
19th March 2022

Dr Mogal is a delight. His calm and resassuring manner is just what you need when you have health issues and he explains everything very clearly. I felt thoroughly cared for and would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone. His admin team are friendly and efficient at all times.

10th March 2022

A very knowledgeable specialist who quickly identified the most appropriate treatment route and talked me through it.

Current membership(s) of professional, national and regional bodies:

Royal College of Physicians
British Thoracic Society
European Respiratory Society
British Medical Association
General Medical Council
Medical defence Union

Professional Profile:

I am a Consultant in Respiratory and General Medicine with specialist interest in Interventional Pulmonology and Lung Cancer.

I am trained as a respiratory specialist in London gaining experience at the Royal London and London Chest Hospitals. I undertook a Clinical Fellowship in Interventional Bronchoscopy at the prestigious Thoraxklinik, Heidelberg, Germany. I have experience in specialised interventional procedures such as EBUS (Endobronchial Ultrasound), endobronchial stenting and valves. Other specialist interests include pleural disease, thoracic (chest) ultrasound, medical thoracoscopy and indwelling (long term) pleural catheter. I manage patients with entire range of respiratory conditions including asthma, allergy, bronchiectasis, COPD, lung cancer, lung fibrosis, lung infections including TB, pulmonary nodules, sarcoidosis, sleep apnoea, unexplained cough or breathlessness etc.

My NHS practice is based at Watford General Hospital where I look after in-patient, out-patient and carries out wide range interventional procedures. I am Trust lead for Lung Cancer, COPD Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) and interventional pulmonology. I am also Chairman of the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Lung Network Cancer Group (NCG) and West Sussex and Hertfordshire Sustainability and Transformation Partnership (STP) Lead for Lung Cancer. Along with practising respiratory medicine, I am involved in acute medicine on-call rota at Watford General hospital. I have extensive experience of acute general and emergency medicine.

I work closely with a multidisciplinary team, including physicians, thoracic surgeons, oncologists, specialist nurses, radiologists, physiotherapists, physiologists and pathologists to provide the best treatment and ensure optimal outcome for each patient.

Personal Profile:

Away from medicine; I enjoy spending time with family, cricket and tennis.

Nearest Internal (General) medicine specialists