Dr Rahul Mogal

Current membership(s) of professional, national and regional bodies: Royal College of Physicians British Thoracic Society European Respiratory Society British Medical Association General Medical Council Medical defence Union Professional Profile: I am a Consultant in Respiratory and General Medicine with specialist interest in Interventional Pulmonology and Lung Cancer. I am trained as a respiratory specialist in London gaining experience at the Royal London and London Chest Hospitals. I undertook a Clinical Fellowship in Interventional Bronchoscopy at the prestigious Thoraxklinik, Heidelberg, Germany. I have experience in specialised interventional procedures such as EBUS (Endobronchial Ultrasound), endobronchial stenting and valves. Other specialist interests include pleural disease, thoracic (chest) ultrasound, medical thoracoscopy and indwelling (long term) pleural catheter. I manage patients with entire range of respiratory conditions including asthma, allergy, bronchiectasis, COPD, lung cancer, lung fibrosis, lung infections including TB, pulmonary nodules, sarcoidosis, sleep apnoea, unexplained cough or breathlessness etc. My NHS practice is based at Watford General Hospital where I look after in-patient, out-patient and carries out wide range interventional procedures. I am Trust lead for Lung Cancer, COPD Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) and interventional pulmonology. I am also Chairman of the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Lung Network Cancer Group (NCG) and West Sussex and Hertfordshire Sustainability and Transformation Partnership (STP) Lead for Lung Cancer. Along with practising respiratory medicine, I am involved in acute medicine on-call rota at Watford General hospital. I have extensive experience of acute general and emergency medicine. I work closely with a multidisciplinary team, including physicians, thoracic surgeons, oncologists, specialist nurses, radiologists, physiotherapists, physiologists and pathologists to provide the best treatment and ensure optimal outcome for each patient. Personal Profile: Away from medicine; I enjoy spending time with family, cricket and tennis.

Written by a patient at BMI Bishops Wood Hospital
9th October 2019

I met Dr. Rahul after a severe cough my GP recommended an x-ray test and the x-ray results came out as abnormal. Dr. Rahul is an expert in his field, and at every step of my diagnosis, he was very clear in his explanations, reassuring and thorough in his investigations and next-step suggestions. I would highly recommend Dr. Rahul for a chest, respiratory or lung-related issue, he will make sure the patient is at ease and provide appropriate care and diagnosis. Aside from being great at what he does, Dr. Rahul is also a good human being who genuinely cares for his patient's wellbeing.

9th October 2019

I was referred to Dr Mogal by my oncologist when I had breathing problems during my treatment for lung cancer. Dr Mogal has been painstaking in his investigation into the cause and continues to monitor my condition. He has always been willing to listen, to answer all my questions and his ‘no stone left unturned’ approach has inspired my complete confidence in him.

23rd September 2019

Dr Mogal took time to listen properly as well as asking his own questions. An effective communicator who instills confidence and makes the consultation a stress-free two way process. There are more tests to be done and I'm glad to be under his care going forward.

Written by a patient at Spire Thames Valley Hospital
15th April 2019

Excellent service and good bed side manner

19th December 2018

I was referred to Dr Mogal by my private healthcare provider, following concerns regarding an allergic reaction to nuts, combined with a family history of severe allergies. Dr Mogal was incredibly thorough in his investigation and ensured that all avenues were explored. I found him caring, diligent and keen to get to the root cause. In a worrying scenario, especially with the press around anaphylaxis, it was brilliant to have such peace of mind and I felt that he truly listened. I had complete confidence in Dr Mogal and wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to others.

Nearest Internal (General) medicine specialists