Dr Rahul Mogal

Current membership(s) of professional, national and regional bodies: Royal College of Physicians British Thoracic Society European Respiratory Society British Medical Association General Medical Council Medical defence Union Professional Profile: I am a Consultant in Respiratory and General Medicine with specialist interest in Interventional Pulmonology and Lung Cancer. I am trained as a respiratory specialist in London gaining experience at the Royal London and London Chest Hospitals. I undertook a Clinical Fellowship in Interventional Bronchoscopy at the prestigious Thoraxklinik, Heidelberg, Germany. I have experience in specialised interventional procedures such as EBUS (Endobronchial Ultrasound), endobronchial stenting and valves. Other specialist interests include pleural disease, thoracic (chest) ultrasound, medical thoracoscopy and indwelling (long term) pleural catheter. I manage patients with entire range of respiratory conditions including asthma, allergy, bronchiectasis, COPD, lung cancer, lung fibrosis, lung infections including TB, pulmonary nodules, sarcoidosis, sleep apnoea, unexplained cough or breathlessness etc. My NHS practice is based at Watford General Hospital where I look after in-patient, out-patient and carries out wide range interventional procedures. I am Trust lead for Lung Cancer, COPD Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) and interventional pulmonology. I am also Chairman of the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Lung Network Cancer Group (NCG) and West Sussex and Hertfordshire Sustainability and Transformation Partnership (STP) Lead for Lung Cancer. Along with practising respiratory medicine, I am involved in acute medicine on-call rota at Watford General hospital. I have extensive experience of acute general and emergency medicine. I work closely with a multidisciplinary team, including physicians, thoracic surgeons, oncologists, specialist nurses, radiologists, physiotherapists, physiologists and pathologists to provide the best treatment and ensure optimal outcome for each patient. Personal Profile: Away from medicine; I enjoy spending time with family, cricket and tennis.

15th April 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Thames Valley Hospital

Excellent service and good bed side manner

19th December 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Princess Margaret Hospital

I was referred to Dr Mogal by my private healthcare provider, following concerns regarding an allergic reaction to nuts, combined with a family history of severe allergies. Dr Mogal was incredibly thorough in his investigation and ensured that all avenues were explored. I found him caring, diligent and keen to get to the root cause. In a worrying scenario, especially with the press around anaphylaxis, it was brilliant to have such peace of mind and I felt that he truly listened. I had complete confidence in Dr Mogal and wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to others.

13th December 2018
Written by a patient at BMI Bishops Wood Hospital

I've been seeing Dr Mogul for a couple of years due to a reoccurring chest infection. During this time I've been very happy with his approach in helping me get a handle on this issue. During my care Dr Mogul has shown a great level of diligence to investigate the issues I've had coupled with his empathy to help get me through the times where my health has effected my quality of life. I've felt there was always a sense of urgency to help me get well and that he 'had my back' to get me back to full health. The result has been an ongoing investigation to ensure we cover all basis. Ultimately I've appreciated the amount of diligence and empathy Mr Mogul has shown during my time in his care. I'm on the mend! Thank you.

27th November 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Princess Margaret Hospital

Dr Mogal was always pleasant and attentive. The organisation of test results could have been more efficient.

18th November 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Princess Margaret Hospital

Patiently listen and give good care advice

Nearest Internal (General) medicine specialists