dr-preeti-shah

7th January 2020

I have seen Dr Preeti Shah a number of times over the past three years or so. She is a very positive person, easy to communicate with, shows great care in relation to the individual patient. Her professionalism and warmth put me at ease immediately. All the team at the Rheumatology department have been wonderful and taken away the fear and concerns I had about my arthritic condition. If you have a choice of hospitals would not hesitate to recommend that you see Dr Shah at one of the hospitals she works within.

Written by a patient at Trafford General Hospital
21st December 2019

I came to Dr. Shah with severe rheumatoid arthritis and she has helped me get better and has gone that extra mile for me to help me get the best treatment there is to gain better control over my inflammation and to become more independent in my day to day life activities as I was almost bedridden. I couldn't thank her enough. Shes done the best she can in her profession.

17th December 2019

After suffering with pain for several months l was referred to my local hospital where l was seen By Dr. Shah, l can’t find the exact words to express my feelings about this doctor, After my consultation and diagnosis, which was a shock to me, she took the time to completely explain everything to me, what the condition was and how it would be treated. Doctor Shah is so very caring and such a professional. I must add that Doctor shah goes way beyond what is expected, l cannot thank her enough.

13th December 2019

I first met Dr Shah last month at Altrincham hospital when I was struggling with a leg ulcer and needed advice from the rheumatology consultant about my medication. She took a picture of my wound and said I could have some medication that wouldn't interfere with the healing process. 2 weeks later I returned, the wound was much better. Dr Shah listened to my concerns and gave me the treatment that I needed when I was at a low point. Returning today, ongoing treatment is tapered down and I am very happy with the progress made and the encouragement from Dr. Shah.

Written by a patient at The Wilmslow Hospital
8th December 2019

I have suffered with joint and muscle pain and lethargy for years. Dr Shah is the first doctor to really listen to my issues and take them seriously. I am certain that she will help me find a better way to live with them. Thank you.

10th December 2019
Response from Dr Preeti Shah

Will do my very best to find a better way to live, and pleased to see the improvements already.

Dr Shah, a Senior Consultant Rheumatologist, with 20 years clinical experience, undertakes all aspects of general rheumatology and has developed a nationally award winning inflammatory arthritis service in Trafford. She has leading roles in both undergraduate and postgraduate medical training within Manchester Foundation Trust, and is Honorary Senior Lecturer at the University of Manchester. Dr Shah has earned a reputation with patients for taking the time to listen carefully, putting patients at ease and giving them confidence in meeting their treatment goals. Dr Shah practices at Trafford General, Altrincham General NHS Hospitals and at The Wilmslow Hospital, Cheshire for private consultations. Conditions which Dr Shah typically consult for include: Joint pains; all types of suspected arthritis Regional pain; bursitis, tendonitis Connective tissues disease; lupus, sjogrens, myositis Polymyalgia Rheumatica and temporal arteritis Gout, pseuogout Osteoporosis Fibromyalgia, Chronic fatigue, Chronic migraine treatment with Botox Weight loss management Cosmetic non-surgical injectable treatments

Nearest Rheumatologists