Dr Philippa Graff-Baker

• Anaesthetics and ITU

6th March 2018
Written by a patient at Leicester General Hospital

Dr Graff-Baker gave me hope and helped me to see a better future. On my first appointment she was well prepared and actually knew my circumstances rather than treating me as a number in a queue as had my previous consultant. I left her room feeling enlightened! She took the time that I needed rather than rushing me through. I had previously felt as though I had barely sat down and the consultant was saying his goodbyes - simply going through the motions and asking the pre-set questions. There was no empathy and no time was given to discuss anything. I never felt like I was allowed to ask questions I wanted to ask because I was met with one-word answers and brick walls. I left in tears EVERY time! Transferring to Dr Graff-Baker's care was the best thing I have ever done! I have recently got married and was terrified that my condition would manipulate the day but she listened and tried different meds until I felt thoroughly confident. The day was amazing - not once did I even stop to think of my condition! AMAZING - Thank you so much!!

29th October 2015
Written by a patient at Leicester General Hospital

At my anaesthetic review appointment with Dr Graff-Baker she was friendly, introduced herself, was open and honest and looked me in the eye during the entire consultation which put me at ease. She had obviously read my medical notes BEFORE my consultation [which in my experience is unusual for Doctors/Consultants these days] as she mentioned my past medical history before I did and she didn't make me feel like I was wasting her time. When I finally do have my surgery I hope Dr Graff-Baker will be my anaesthetist as she made me feel relaxed and at ease and confident in her abilities. I would definitely recommend Dr Graff-Baker to a friend or family member.

Nearest Anaesthetists and ITU specialists