dr-philip-kelly

Written by a private patient at King's College Hospital
26th January 2022

Dr. Kelly is godsent. Finding him shortly after relocating to the UK was exactly what I needed at the right time to help me work towards getting healthy after my diagnosis. He is kind, professional, attentive, empathetic, friendly and his bedside manner is impeccable. He answered all my questions and i never felt afraid or shy to ask questions or seek clarification on any issue. He was responsive at all times even on text messages and email and gave me confidence. I was reassured and went through treatment without any fear and with a firm belief that I would recover fully. To say he is an excellent doctor is an understatement and for me, he has set a high standard for what a good doctor is and I hope future medical providers will be half as good as him. I am grateful to have met Dr. Kelly and worked with him towards getting healthy. Akosua.

30th January 2022
Response from Dr Philip Kelly

Thank you so much. You are extremely kind to have left a review, and even more so to say this. It was a pleasure and I am grateful you let me look after you.

Written by a private patient at 25 Harley Street
28th June 2021

Dr Kelly is very professional which put me at ease. Everything went smooth, I was able to ask questions throughout the appointment.

3rd July 2021
Response from Dr Philip Kelly

Thank you very much for your feedback, it is very generous of you to have left it.

• Internal (General) Medicine
  • Endocrinology
  • Acute Medicine

I am an experienced consultant endocrinologist, thyroid specialist and general physician with clinical expertise with thyroid dysfunction, tumours and goitre, thyroid disease and conception and pregnancy, the investigation of fatigue and adrenal disease, pituitary disorders including prolactin problems, and endocrine causes of infertility. I also diagnose and manage diabetes (mostly type 2), lipids, hypertension, metabolism, iron deficiency and anaemia. I will also work to understand you and your problems, and deliver a high quality, easily accessible service. I offer rapid access to investigations, alongside up-to-date information and support. I graduated in Medicine at The London Hospital Medical College and undertook specialist training in endocrinology, diabetes mellitus and general and acute internal medicine at St Bartholomew’s and The Royal London Hospitals. Alongside my clinical training I undertook research in the endocrinology of colon cancer and gained an MD from the University of London in 2010. I have been a Consultant Physician to King’s College Hospital since 2013 and have been both Clinical Lead and Clinical Director of Acute Medicine across King's at Denmark Hill and The Princess Royal University Hospitals and currently co-lead the Medicine and Integrated Care Clinical Academic Group at King's Health Partners. My clinical interests are in general and specialist endocrinology, thyroid dysfunction, goitre and tumours, the natural or early menopause, diabetes mellitus, lipid disorders, hypertension, the diagnosis and management of anaemia, infections of the lungs, urinary tracts and central nervous system, and the diagnosis and management of pulmonary embolism and its consequences on cardio-respiratory health. I also see patients for general health checks and in particular reducting in the risk of heart and cardiovascular disease.

Nearest Internal (General) medicine specialists