Dr Philip Kelly

I am an experienced consultant endocrinologist, thyroid specialist and general physician with clinical expertise including, diabetes, lipids, hypertension, metabolism, iron deficiency and anaemia. I have a very patient-focused approach to care, and deliver a high quality, easily accessible service. I offer rapid access to investigations, alongside up-to-date information and support. I graduated in Medicine at The London Hospital Medical College and undertook specialist training in endocrinology, diabetes mellitus and general and acute internal medicine at St Bartholomew’s and The Royal London Hospitals. Alongside my clinical training I undertook research in the endocrinology of colon cancer and gained an MD from the University of London in 2010. I have been a Consultant Physician to King’s College Hospital since 2013 and have been both Clinical Lead and Clinical Director of Acute Medicine across King's at Denmark Hill and The Princess Royal University Hospitals and currently co-lead the Medicine and Integrated Care Clinical Academic Group at King's Health Partners. My clinical interests are in general and specialist endocrinology, thyroid dysfunction, goitre and tumours, the natural or early menopause, diabetes mellitus, lipid disorders, hypertension, the diagnosis and management of anaemia, infections of the lungs, urinary tracts and central nervous system, and the diagnosis and management of pulmonary embolism and its consequences on cardio-respiratory health. I see patients for general health checks and in particular reducting in the risk of heart and cardiovascular disease.

• Internal (General) Medicine
  • Endocrinology
  • Acute Medicine

24th June 2019
Written by a patient at King's College Hospital

Superb. Holistic in every sense of the word and a genuine listener.

30th June 2019
Response from Dr Philip Kelly

Thank you very much for taking the trouble to leave feedback and for what you have said.

28th May 2019
Written by a patient at King's College Hospital

Dr Philip Kelly is patience, intelligence, kind and caring doctor. The BEST doctor I have ever seen. Excellent treatment. No words are enough to appreciate the service he does.

30th June 2019
Response from Dr Philip Kelly

Thank you very much for the feedback it is very kind of you to have taken the trouble..

17th April 2019
Written by a patient at King's College Hospital

Dr Kelly - fabulous!!!! Highly recommend. I came to Dr Kelly’s clinic after reading about his wonderful work. Seeing him was the best experience I have ever had with a doctor. Dr Kelly is extremely knowledgeable and also kind, patient, genuine and caring. In addition to this, I was able to email him about any issues and he replied promptly. I can only spend words of great appreciation for Dr Kelly’s work. Many thanks, Ramona

2nd May 2019
Response from Dr Philip Kelly

It is very good of you to have taken the trouble to have left a review, and thank you for being so kind as well.

17th March 2019
Written by a patient at King's College Hospital

I can’t adequately express just how pleased I am following my recent consultation with Dr Kelly for a general health check. Being able to talk openly about all my health concerns and worries within a safe and professional environment has been a liberating experience for me. I now fully intend to take onboard all of Dr Kelly’s advice and move forward with my life. Dr Kelly is an extremely courteous gentleman and a wonderful listener. His knowledge, experience and expertise within his field of medicine adds up to one very special Consultant indeed! I would highly recommend Dr Kelly to anyone seeking a great Consultant Physician.

2nd May 2019
Response from Dr Philip Kelly

Thank you very much for taking the trouble to leave a review and such a kind one.

22nd January 2019
Written by a patient at King's College Hospital

I first saw Dr Kelly in November 2018 following a potential reaction, Dr Kelly is one of the kindest, most caring and genuine consultants I have met. From the very first appointment (at a time when I was incredibly anxious and unwell) Dr Kelly and the team in Guthrie Clinic were so reassuring and helpful, he is incredibly knowledgeable and very gentle in his questioning and approach. Throughout my treatment and investigations I felt in very safe hands with someone who genuinely wants to make a difference and help you to get better. I had multiple blood tests, appointments, various scans and tests with Cardiology Dept and they were all carried out as timely as possible. Results shared regularly and Dr Kelly also helped me with referrals to other specialists within Kings College and outside of Kings at other locations; again a huge help. I cannot recommend Dr Kelly enough for Endocrinology matters and for providing guidance and advice on general medicine too. Huge thank you.

29th January 2019
Response from Dr Philip Kelly

It is very good of you to leave feedback for me and the whole team here, and for being so kind. Thank you very much.

Nearest Internal (General) medicine specialists