Dr Philip Das

18th October 2018
Written by a patient at Fitzwilliam Hospital

Took great care of me before, during and after surgery. Explained everything that was going to happen and no question was too much to answer. Came to see me post op to check everything was okay. Much appreciated.

26th December 2017
Written by a patient at Fitzwilliam Hospital

I have recently had my second hip replacement carried out at the Fitzwilliam Hospital in Peterborough and Dr Das was my anesthetist. Naturally at the tender age of 72 I was very anxious, as having previously had joint replacement surgery under epidural, due to severe spinal arthritis and a curved spine, this method would possible not be an option on this occasion. Dr Das was amazing, he said that he “would not be beaten” and he wasn’t! The epidural was a success. During the operation, he was constantly at my side speaking to me and reassuring me about what was going on. He called into see me the following morning to see how I was and to make sure all was fine. The operation went well and I came home 48 hours later. Dr Das is incredible, very caring and understanding and a credit to his profession. All the staff were friendly and I felt very well looked after during my short stay. Thank you all.

1st November 2017
Written by a patient at Fitzwilliam Hospital

Dr Das was my anesthetist at a recent hip replacement operation carried out at the Fitzwilliam Hospital in Peterborough. I was treated with friendly respect by all the staff. Dr Das in particular kept me informed of everything that I needed to know about my treatment. I had the operation under epidural and he was constantly at my head speaking to me and reassuring me about what was going on during the operation. He called into see me before he went home for the day and indeed popped in the following morning to see what sort of night I had and to make sure all was fine. I found him to be a very competent, compassionate and approachable doctor. The operation went well, I felt nothing at all and am now on the road to full recovery. Thank you.

10th May 2017
Written by a patient at Peterborough City Hospital

Admitted got a total left hip replacement, I was naturally anxious about the procedure. Dr Das could not have been more caring, thoughtful or understanding. He kept me fully informed at all stages of the procedure and put me completely at ease. I cannot recommend Dr Das more highly. An excellent, caring and professional physician Thank you Dr Das.

5th September 2016
Written by a patient at Peterborough City Hospital

Having had 2 previous operations by spinal injection, with difficulties locating the exact spot for the needle, I was tempted to opt for a general anaesthetic for my hip replacement this time. However, Dr Das was "spot on" and allayed any fears I might have should I have to choose spinal again. He was excellent throughout all stages of the procedure.

Short link to review Dr Philip Das: http://iwgc.net/eea2x