Dr Phang Boon Lim

Dr P Boon Lim is a cardiologist and electrophysiologist specialising in heart rhythm disturbances, pacing and syncope at Imperial College London. He performs ablation for atrial and ventricular arrhythmias, and implantation of pacemakers and defibrillators. Dr Lim has a special interest in mapping and ablation of atrial fibrillation (AF), and is currently actively researching best techniques for modulating the autonomic nervous system to treat atrial fibrillation and vasovagal syncope. He also works closely with industry to develop the best techniques for treatment of atrial fibrillation and ventricular ectopy, and is highly skilled at using modern 3-D mapping technologies to treat these common arrhythmias. Dr Lim also leads the Imperial Syncope Diagnostic Centre, a unit that performs approximately 700 tilt table tests per year, and is actively engaged in researching mechanisms of syncope and understanding best treatment strategies for patients with debilitating syncope or symptoms of postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS). He runs a syncope clinic based in London at Hammersmith Hospital, providing expert care care and attention to patients who have difficult-to-treat blackouts or faints. Dr Lim participates actively in ongoing research trials focussing on developing the best management strategies for treatment of vasovagal syncope in is the principle investigator for several syncope trials. He is consistently rated highly by patients and colleagues as one of the top syncope doctors and cardiologists in London. Dr Lim was award the prestigious Top Doctor 2017 in Cardiology UK as voted by other doctors.

12th August 2018
Written by a patient at West Middlesex University Hospital

A good man. He gave sensible advice and got me back on the straight and narrow.

4th July 2018

A superb clinician who has not only given me an answer to ongoing symptoms which I have been experiencing for 18 months but a robust plan to improve my health & wellbeing. I have seen several specialists in various fields with no diagnosis. Dr Lim is not only highly experienced but is at the leading edge of his speciality. I received excellent care, a thorough and clear explanation. I was treated with the upmost respect and no question was left unanswered. A very positive consultation leaving me reassured and relieved to finally have answers and a plan going forward. I cannot recommend Dr Lim enough, a truly brilliant man with a real passion for his area of expertise and patient care. I wish there was more 'Dr Lim's' available to all those that need help. Thank You

20th June 2018
Written by a carer at Bupa Cromwell Hospital

I googled experts in London on Pots syndrome and saw Dr Boom Lim. I researched and decided to make an appointment as it was urgent. The NHS was a 6 month wait but I wanted more immediate expertise. The tests were conducted on the day of the appointment. Dr. Lim explained everything very carefully for my daughter and myself. It was very reassuring to have a diagnosis explained of the problem without major drama. Very impressed with all the staff and hospital. A great experience.

14th June 2018
Written by a patient at Bupa Cromwell Hospital

I felt in very safe hands with Dr Lim. When Dr Lim explained complex procedures, he did it in a way which was easy to understand which helped reduce my anxiety about the procedure. Dr Lim was calm and collected throughout all my engagement with him.

12th June 2018
Written by a patient at Hammersmith Hospital

Dr Phang Boon Lim is an extremely experienced, respectful and very well qualified person. He provided me with advice regarding the symptom of my arrhythmia and reassurance that my arrhythmia is not life threatening. He used simple words and even drawings to make me understand what my situation is. My daughter and I still can't believe how lucky we are to meet such a skilled but also kind, caring and wonderful person. Having visited a lot of doctors in Greece, we can honestly say that we trust him 100% and in our opinion he is the best in the Cardiology field in Europe. We are very grateful to him and we will visit him again for a consultation for my mother. We highly recommend him! Thank you very much Dr Lim!!

Doctors working at London Cardiovascular Clinic – 66 Harley Street