Dr Phang Boon Lim

Dr P Boon Lim is a cardiologist and electrophysiologist specialising in heart rhythm disturbances, pacing and syncope at Imperial College London. He performs ablation for atrial and ventricular arrhythmias, and implantation of pacemakers and defibrillators. Dr Lim has a special interest in mapping and ablation of atrial fibrillation (AF), and is currently actively researching best techniques for modulating the autonomic nervous system to treat atrial fibrillation and vasovagal syncope. He also works closely with industry to develop the best techniques for treatment of atrial fibrillation and ventricular ectopy, and is highly skilled at using modern 3-D mapping technologies to treat these common arrhythmias. Dr Lim also leads the Imperial Syncope Diagnostic Centre, a unit that performs approximately 700 tilt table tests per year, and is actively engaged in researching mechanisms of syncope and understanding best treatment strategies for patients with debilitating syncope or symptoms of postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS). He runs a syncope clinic based in London at Hammersmith Hospital, providing expert care care and attention to patients who have difficult-to-treat blackouts or faints. Dr Lim participates actively in ongoing research trials focussing on developing the best management strategies for treatment of vasovagal syncope in is the principle investigator for several syncope trials. He is consistently rated highly by patients and colleagues as one of the top syncope doctors and cardiologists in London. Dr Lim was award the prestigious Top Doctor 2017 in Cardiology UK as voted by other doctors.

13th June 2019
Written by a patient at West Middlesex University Hospital

An excellent doctor who normalised what was initially a very frightening time. He clearly explained my diagnose and the treatment. Because of Dr Lim I got the right diagnose, right treatment and I am able to enjoy everyday healthy. Positivity and the outstanding work is the only think that I can say for Dr Lim and his team. I can't thank enough. Highly reccomend Dr Lim Thank you Mrs G. B.

20th May 2019
Written by a patient at BMI Syon Clinic

Dr.Lim has an open, frank, honest and patient manner. This approach gave me the opportunity to seek answers to some perplexing questions that were bothering me. His vast knowledge and experience of atrial fibrillation inspires confidence in his medical opinion and advice and I felt that he listened very carefully and took my concerns seriously. I left the consultation feeling supported and well informed. He also has a fine sense of humour.

18th April 2019
Written by a patient at West Middlesex University Hospital

This doctor is one of the best I've seen by far , he really cares for the patient and wants what's best for them , I really appreciated the time he took with me to listen to my concerns and has really helped me with my symptoms . Great man

27th February 2019

After years of going from one doctor to another to try and get a diagnosis for my daughters symptoms we have at last achieved this thanks to Dr Boon Lin. He listened and he knew exactly what was going on in my daughters body. He hit the nail on the head with all her symptoms and clearly explained the causes of what was going on. He delivered a diagnosis and an action plan. He has given us hope and support and I can not recommend him enough!

29th January 2019
Written by a carer at West Middlesex University Hospital

I took my aunt, who speaks very poor English, for a consultation with Dr Boon Lim. We found him to be very sympathetic, patient and thorough in his diagnosis. He took the time to go through a very long medical history, listen to us and explain things in a manor that was both simple and understandable. We can't recommend him highly enough - thank you Dr Lim !

Doctors working at London Cardiovascular Clinic – 66 Harley Street