Dr Phang Boon Lim

Dr P Boon Lim is a cardiologist and electrophysiologist specialising in heart rhythm disturbances, pacing and syncope at Imperial College London. He performs ablation for atrial and ventricular arrhythmias, and implantation of pacemakers and defibrillators. Dr Lim has a special interest in mapping and ablation of atrial fibrillation (AF), and is currently actively researching best techniques for modulating the autonomic nervous system to treat atrial fibrillation and vasovagal syncope. He also works closely with industry to develop the best techniques for treatment of atrial fibrillation and ventricular ectopy, and is highly skilled at using modern 3-D mapping technologies to treat these common arrhythmias. Dr Lim also leads the Imperial Syncope Diagnostic Centre, a unit that performs approximately 700 tilt table tests per year, and is actively engaged in researching mechanisms of syncope and understanding best treatment strategies for patients with debilitating syncope or symptoms of postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS). He runs a syncope clinic based in London at Hammersmith Hospital, providing expert care care and attention to patients who have difficult-to-treat blackouts or faints. Dr Lim participates actively in ongoing research trials focussing on developing the best management strategies for treatment of vasovagal syncope in is the principle investigator for several syncope trials. He is consistently rated highly by patients and colleagues as one of the top syncope doctors and cardiologists in London. Dr Lim was award the prestigious Top Doctor 2017 in Cardiology UK as voted by other doctors.

13th September 2019

My consultation with Dr Boon Lim was extremely useful and rewarding. He took a great deal of time to explain to me in detail the nature of my illness and the treatment options available to me. He instilled a lot of confidence and I felt so much better merely listening to his advice. He is no doubt an authority on Atrial Fibrillation and an expert on the latest treatment techniques.

4th August 2019

I received an appointment very promptly once I was referred to Dr Lim. I was traveling a long way to see him so was glad to hear that when he received my notes in advance that he was allocating longer to see me due to my complicated history. He was very thorough, emphatic and patient throughout the consultation and seems eager to help. The follow-up since the appointment has also been very positive. Thank you Dr Lim!

Written by a patient at West Middlesex University Hospital
13th June 2019

An excellent doctor who normalised what was initially a very frightening time. He clearly explained my diagnose and the treatment. Because of Dr Lim I got the right diagnose, right treatment and I am able to enjoy everyday healthy. Positivity and the outstanding work is the only think that I can say for Dr Lim and his team. I can't thank enough. Highly reccomend Dr Lim Thank you Mrs G. B.

Written by a patient at BMI Syon Clinic
20th May 2019

Dr.Lim has an open, frank, honest and patient manner. This approach gave me the opportunity to seek answers to some perplexing questions that were bothering me. His vast knowledge and experience of atrial fibrillation inspires confidence in his medical opinion and advice and I felt that he listened very carefully and took my concerns seriously. I left the consultation feeling supported and well informed. He also has a fine sense of humour.

Written by a patient at West Middlesex University Hospital
18th April 2019

This doctor is one of the best I've seen by far , he really cares for the patient and wants what's best for them , I really appreciated the time he took with me to listen to my concerns and has really helped me with my symptoms . Great man

Doctors working at London Cardiovascular Clinic – 66 Harley Street