dr-phang-boon-lim

Written by a patient at Hammersmith Hospital
17th February 2020

Dr Boon Lim is a gentle and respectful consultant. The first time I met Dr Boon Lim was as an out patient eight years ago. On that occasion and at every appointment since, he has taken time to listen to my concerns, ensure that I understood the problems that related to the condition of my heart, the likely journey of different medication and procedures ahead and the hoped for outcome. The way Dr Boon Lim works is the way his team works. There is focus, time given to patients as needed, in an atmosphere of calm and kindness.

Written by a carer at West Middlesex University Hospital
23rd January 2020

Dr Boon has all the qualities of a great doctor, he shows understanding and empathy and is an excellent communicator especially in helping the patient to have a greater knowledge of their condition and how to employ self help strategies. A genuine interest in listening with some good humour, so pleased to have met him.

Written by a patient at Hammersmith Hospital
12th December 2019

For a number of years I have suffered with uncontrolled high blood pressure and debilitating digestive and auto immune / rheumatic issues. Over the years I have seen numerous doctors and as many procedures without any firm diagnosis or understanding of my illness. I eventually had to retire early giving so much of my life and a business which I worked so hard to establish. I had effectively given up hope of a diagnosis and subsequently any hope of being able to manage my symptoms or dare I say even getting better. However today I was fortunate enough to meet Dr Lim who for the first time in 30 years of suffering gave me hope. Not because he had a panacea but because he listened and not dismiss my suffering and turned it back to me as being neurotic because my issues are not easily understood. For the first time somebody spoke to me giving me a clear understanding of the frightening symptoms which are happening to my body. Dr Lim listened and appeared to be genuinely interested in helping me to understand what is happening to me as well as work with me to minimise the effects even if they are not curable at this time. Priceless!

13th September 2019

My consultation with Dr Boon Lim was extremely useful and rewarding. He took a great deal of time to explain to me in detail the nature of my illness and the treatment options available to me. He instilled a lot of confidence and I felt so much better merely listening to his advice. He is no doubt an authority on Atrial Fibrillation and an expert on the latest treatment techniques.

4th August 2019

I received an appointment very promptly once I was referred to Dr Lim. I was traveling a long way to see him so was glad to hear that when he received my notes in advance that he was allocating longer to see me due to my complicated history. He was very thorough, emphatic and patient throughout the consultation and seems eager to help. The follow-up since the appointment has also been very positive. Thank you Dr Lim!

Dr Phang Boon Lim was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2019 for delivering outstanding care.

Dr P Boon Lim is a cardiologist and electrophysiologist specialising in heart rhythm disturbances, pacing and syncope at Imperial College London. He performs ablation for atrial and ventricular arrhythmias, and implantation of pacemakers and defibrillators. Dr Lim has a special interest in mapping and ablation of atrial fibrillation (AF), and is currently actively researching best techniques for modulating the autonomic nervous system to treat atrial fibrillation and vasovagal syncope. He also works closely with industry to develop the best techniques for treatment of atrial fibrillation and ventricular ectopy, and is highly skilled at using modern 3-D mapping technologies to treat these common arrhythmias. Dr Lim also leads the Imperial Syncope Diagnostic Centre, a unit that performs approximately 700 tilt table tests per year, and is actively engaged in researching mechanisms of syncope and understanding best treatment strategies for patients with debilitating syncope or symptoms of postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS). He runs a syncope clinic based in London at Hammersmith Hospital, providing expert care care and attention to patients who have difficult-to-treat blackouts or faints. Dr Lim participates actively in ongoing research trials focussing on developing the best management strategies for treatment of vasovagal syncope in is the principle investigator for several syncope trials. He is consistently rated highly by patients and colleagues as one of the top syncope doctors and cardiologists in London. Dr Lim was award the prestigious Top Doctor 2017 in Cardiology UK as voted by other doctors.

Doctors working at London Cardiovascular Clinic – 66 Harley Street