dr-phang-boon-lim

4th March 2020

Dr Phang Boon Lim is truly one of the greatest physicians of his time. The personal attention to detail he displays is an indication of the sincere care he gave to me. I was, at first, hesitant and unsure as to whether or not to proceed with the treatment he prescribed. He took a great deal of his very valuable time to persuade me that it was in my best interests to follow his advice. I am so very glad I did and I will always be most grateful to this great man, who leads a dedicated professional team at the wonderful Hammersmith Hospital.

Written by a patient at Bupa Cromwell Hospital
26th February 2020

Dr Lim is very kind and extremely good at what he does. I felt very safe and looked after. Thank you for everything, you were thorough and kind. You were able to act quickly and help diagnose and treat me to the highest standard imaginable. I completely recommend you.

27th February 2020
Response from Dr Phang Boon Lim

I am very grateful for your kind and thoughtful feedback. All the best.

17th February 2020

Dr Boon Lim is a gentle and respectful consultant. The first time I met Dr Boon Lim was as an out patient eight years ago. On that occasion and at every appointment since, he has taken time to listen to my concerns, ensure that I understood the problems that related to the condition of my heart, the likely journey of different medication and procedures ahead and the hoped for outcome. The way Dr Boon Lim works is the way his team works. There is focus, time given to patients as needed, in an atmosphere of calm and kindness.

Written by a carer at West Middlesex University Hospital
23rd January 2020

Dr Boon has all the qualities of a great doctor, he shows understanding and empathy and is an excellent communicator especially in helping the patient to have a greater knowledge of their condition and how to employ self help strategies. A genuine interest in listening with some good humour, so pleased to have met him.

12th December 2019

For a number of years I have suffered with uncontrolled high blood pressure and debilitating digestive and auto immune / rheumatic issues. Over the years I have seen numerous doctors and as many procedures without any firm diagnosis or understanding of my illness. I eventually had to retire early giving so much of my life and a business which I worked so hard to establish. I had effectively given up hope of a diagnosis and subsequently any hope of being able to manage my symptoms or dare I say even getting better. However today I was fortunate enough to meet Dr Lim who for the first time in 30 years of suffering gave me hope. Not because he had a panacea but because he listened and not dismiss my suffering and turned it back to me as being neurotic because my issues are not easily understood. For the first time somebody spoke to me giving me a clear understanding of the frightening symptoms which are happening to my body. Dr Lim listened and appeared to be genuinely interested in helping me to understand what is happening to me as well as work with me to minimise the effects even if they are not curable at this time. Priceless!

Dr P Boon Lim is a cardiologist and electrophysiologist specialising in heart rhythm disturbances, pacing and syncope at Imperial College London. He performs ablation for atrial and ventricular arrhythmias, and implantation of pacemakers and defibrillators. Dr Lim has a special interest in mapping and ablation of atrial fibrillation (AF), and is currently actively researching best techniques for modulating the autonomic nervous system to treat atrial fibrillation and vasovagal syncope. He also works closely with industry to develop the best techniques for treatment of atrial fibrillation and ventricular ectopy, and is highly skilled at using modern 3-D mapping technologies to treat these common arrhythmias. Dr Lim also leads the Imperial Syncope Diagnostic Centre, a unit that performs approximately 700 tilt table tests per year, and is actively engaged in researching mechanisms of syncope and understanding best treatment strategies for patients with debilitating syncope or symptoms of postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS). He runs a syncope clinic based in London at Hammersmith Hospital, providing expert care care and attention to patients who have difficult-to-treat blackouts or faints. Dr Lim participates actively in ongoing research trials focussing on developing the best management strategies for treatment of vasovagal syncope in is the principle investigator for several syncope trials. He is consistently rated highly by patients and colleagues as one of the top syncope doctors and cardiologists in London. Dr Lim was award the prestigious Top Doctor 2017 in Cardiology UK as voted by other doctors.

Doctors working at London Cardiovascular Clinic – 66 Harley Street