dr-phang-boon-lim

3rd August 2020

I have suffered with what was termed as anxiety and a fast heart rate for years. I have seen countless cardiologists before Dr Boon Lim but no one really got to the bottom of it. Dr Boon Lim quickly ascertained that I was likely suffering with a fast heart and anxiety because of blood pooling in my legs and the resulting activation of my nervous system. He explained everything very carefully to me and gave me specific advice to help mitigate the effects. Dr Boon Lim is a very caring and supportive Dr and since receiving his reassurance and putting into practice his advice, I have felt so much better. Dr Lim is extremely knowledgeable and uses very up to date testing methods, such as the zip patch 14 day heart monitor. This allowed Dr Lim to confirm that I did not have any other heart rhythm disturbance. I really can not recommend him highly enough and my experience has been life changing.

29th June 2020

Wow! Doctor Lim, What an amazing Doctor and what an amazing human being. After my Cardiac arrest in November 2019, the prospect of getting an ICD Installed was very daunting for me. With other health issues. and a very Anxious person by nature, I am very weak facing these things, and get extremely stressed. Doctor Lim, after speaking to me very soon realised what sort of person I am and absolutely went out of his way , spending a great deal of time talking to me, not only about the Medical side of an ICD and how it all works, but so patiently and passionately with great empathy converted me into a confident, now knowledgeble patient who with great courage accepted and then got my ICD Installed. I am 65 years old and have never ever , met a Doctor who was not just a doctor with great experience and know how , but had the incredible skills to give me his precious time and expert advise . My wife who was listening to our conversation , is so so impressed that , she had tears in her eyes, as before Doctor Lim spoke to me , I was stressing her out, with my Anxieties, and Doctor Lim fixed that. Dear Doctor Lim, I and my family thankyou very very much and are very grateful. Look forward to see you or one of your team , in clinic, or phone consultation, if possible for my Post ICD Installation follow up clinic on Wednesday 1 July 2020, around 15.30. best wishes and best regards Mr Bharat sharma CC227916

29th May 2020

Poor service. Wrote to ask if Dr Lim could provide a second opinion on three specific areas. Waited three days - no response. Called his private secretary. No response. Emailed his private secretary to find out whether Dr Lim would give said second opinion and received a reply email saying I could have a consultation, but no confirmation he could give the second opinion based on the criteria requested. Why pay £300 for a consultation to be potentially told in the first minute he can't (or won't) help. That's not good patient service.

10th June 2020
Response from Dr Phang Boon Lim

I am terribly sorry to have let you down, by not responding prior to your request for a consultation. Due to the current busy period with planning for post-covid era of service delivery, it has been more difficult that usual to manage clinic time, and address emails in timely manner, with the focus on generating a safe and effective alternative to usual streams of work within the NHS. My most sincere apologies again and I do hope that you have found an answer to your questions elsewhere. Best wishes. BL

Written by a patient at West Middlesex University Hospital
30th April 2020

Dr Boon Lim projects confidence, competence and caring. Talking to him by phone after weeks of COVID-19 lockdown was a revelation for my wife and I. I feel in safe hands.

4th March 2020

Dr Phang Boon Lim is truly one of the greatest physicians of his time. The personal attention to detail he displays is an indication of the sincere care he gave to me. I was, at first, hesitant and unsure as to whether or not to proceed with the treatment he prescribed. He took a great deal of his very valuable time to persuade me that it was in my best interests to follow his advice. I am so very glad I did and I will always be most grateful to this great man, who leads a dedicated professional team at the wonderful Hammersmith Hospital.

Dr P Boon Lim is a cardiologist and electrophysiologist specialising in heart rhythm disturbances, pacing and syncope at Imperial College London. He performs ablation for atrial and ventricular arrhythmias, and implantation of pacemakers and defibrillators. Dr Lim has a special interest in mapping and ablation of atrial fibrillation (AF), and is currently actively researching best techniques for modulating the autonomic nervous system to treat atrial fibrillation and vasovagal syncope. He also works closely with industry to develop the best techniques for treatment of atrial fibrillation and ventricular ectopy, and is highly skilled at using modern 3-D mapping technologies to treat these common arrhythmias. Dr Lim also leads the Imperial Syncope Diagnostic Centre, a unit that performs approximately 700 tilt table tests per year, and is actively engaged in researching mechanisms of syncope and understanding best treatment strategies for patients with debilitating syncope or symptoms of postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS). He runs a syncope clinic based in London at Hammersmith Hospital, providing expert care care and attention to patients who have difficult-to-treat blackouts or faints. Dr Lim participates actively in ongoing research trials focussing on developing the best management strategies for treatment of vasovagal syncope in is the principle investigator for several syncope trials. He is consistently rated highly by patients and colleagues as one of the top syncope doctors and cardiologists in London. Dr Lim was award the prestigious Top Doctor 2017 in Cardiology UK as voted by other doctors.

Doctors working at London Cardiovascular Clinic – 66 Harley Street