Dr Phang Boon Lim

Dr P Boon Lim is a cardiologist and electrophysiologist specialising in heart rhythm disturbances, pacing and syncope at Imperial College London. He performs ablation for atrial and ventricular arrhythmias, and implantation of pacemakers and defibrillators. Dr Lim has a special interest in mapping and ablation of atrial fibrillation (AF), and is currently actively researching best techniques for modulating the autonomic nervous system to treat atrial fibrillation and vasovagal syncope. He also works closely with industry to develop the best techniques for treatment of atrial fibrillation and ventricular ectopy, and is highly skilled at using modern 3-D mapping technologies to treat these common arrhythmias. Dr Lim also leads the Imperial Syncope Diagnostic Centre, a unit that performs approximately 700 tilt table tests per year, and is actively engaged in researching mechanisms of syncope and understanding best treatment strategies for patients with debilitating syncope or symptoms of postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS). He runs a syncope clinic based in London at Hammersmith Hospital, providing expert care care and attention to patients who have difficult-to-treat blackouts or faints. Dr Lim participates actively in ongoing research trials focussing on developing the best management strategies for treatment of vasovagal syncope in is the principle investigator for several syncope trials. He is consistently rated highly by patients and colleagues as one of the top syncope doctors and cardiologists in London. Dr Lim was award the prestigious Top Doctor 2017 in Cardiology UK as voted by other doctors.

29th January 2019
Written by a carer at West Middlesex University Hospital

I took my aunt, who speaks very poor English, for a consultation with Dr Boon Lim. We found him to be very sympathetic, patient and thorough in his diagnosis. He took the time to go through a very long medical history, listen to us and explain things in a manor that was both simple and understandable. We can't recommend him highly enough - thank you Dr Lim !

9th January 2019

Dr. Lim performed ablation on me which was very successful. I can highly recommend him as a wonderful cardiologist with a very pleasant and caring manner.

11th January 2019
Response from Dr Phang Boon Lim

Thank you for this review, and all the best.

16th December 2018
Written by a patient at West Middlesex University Hospital

I've been under Dr Boom Lim for the past 5 years. He performed an ablation which was very successful. He is very passionate about his field of work. He is very good at explaining the procedures he is going to undertake. I highly recommend him as a consultant. Alison M

12th August 2018
Written by a patient at West Middlesex University Hospital

A good man. He gave sensible advice and got me back on the straight and narrow.

4th July 2018

A superb clinician who has not only given me an answer to ongoing symptoms which I have been experiencing for 18 months but a robust plan to improve my health & wellbeing. I have seen several specialists in various fields with no diagnosis. Dr Lim is not only highly experienced but is at the leading edge of his speciality. I received excellent care, a thorough and clear explanation. I was treated with the upmost respect and no question was left unanswered. A very positive consultation leaving me reassured and relieved to finally have answers and a plan going forward. I cannot recommend Dr Lim enough, a truly brilliant man with a real passion for his area of expertise and patient care. I wish there was more 'Dr Lim's' available to all those that need help. Thank You

Doctors working at London Cardiovascular Clinic – 66 Harley Street