Dr Peter Rudge

• Neurology

30th October 2017

I saw Dr Rudge for one consultation in 2003. He kindly saw me at short notice because I had sudden and complete deafness in my left ear. I have a very rare autoimmune disease - only a handful of cases in the world had been described at that time - but when I told him the name of my disease, he knew about it in great detail, and was able to link it to my deafness. I was informed later by another consultant who used to work at the National Hospital of Neurology that Dr Rudge has an encyclopedic knowledge of medicine and performs legendary teaching ward rounds where he teaches other doctors. In any case, he performed a battery of tests on that morning, looked at the results, and instantly told me the cause of my deafness. Unfortunately it was incurable, however I was very impressed by both his knowledge and his professionalism. He was friendly but at the same time was very honest with me regarding the fact that there was no treatment for my deafness.

6th March 2017

Don't be fooled by the dickie bow. I came to him in desperate need of a diagnosis when I have MS. He put me through a load of tests, which he said were all normal, and then discharged me with a false diagnosis of "anxiety" and "hypochondria". BUT He'd lied to me about the tests all being normal, as they HAD found something slight on the brain scan but decided to ignore it. And he'd omitted to scan my spinal cord, which was where most of the symptoms were coming from. I would rate him as one of the most arrogant and uncaring doctors I've ever had the misfortune to meet.

Short link to review Dr Peter Rudge: http://iwgc.net/efbw