Dr Peter Haynes

• Rheumatology

« 1 2 3 4 »

11th May 2017
Written by a patient at Bronglais General Hospital

I saw Dr Peter Haynes rheumatologist in Bronglais Hospital last autumn regarding my health conditions. Without going into detail here, I would like to say that I found his attitude towards me totally unprofessional, I ended up in tears, and cried all of the way home due to him not listening to what I was saying, and also due to his condescending manner towards me. I have wanted to put in a complaint, but still feel too upset about what happened during the consultation, needless to say I have no desire to ever see him again. When it takes you months to get an appointment, you do not expect this treatment. In contrast, other consultants I have seen, have always been very professional, understanding and always listen to what you are saying about your health conditions.

12th April 2017
Written by a patient at Bronglais General Hospital

I was seen by the rheumatologist Dr Peter Haynes on the 14 March 2017 at Bronglais General Hospital I found Dr Peter Haynes to be somewhat strange his cavalier attitude and mockery of your symptoms to be very unprofessional . I have now received a copy of the letter from my GP which I had to request I should have automatically been sent one I have seen some anomalies which I was suppose to have said, relating to my vision the subject was never discussed , apart from me him telling what Dr R Paul the Ophthalmologist had said the day before which was that I have bilateral belpharitis I suffer with chronic dry eye and blurring vision which I take daily and night time drops and use a MGD eyebag twice a day Dr Peter Haynes never asked at any time what drops I was taking or how my vision was, so for him to make a written statement that I said ,my eyes had improved is a total lie I cant read for more than 10 minutes at the most, texting is a problem so is using a computer I am now beginning to struggle to do this so why would I make a statement to say my eyes have improved ? The other reason I was given a referral was that my RA factor was raised and that I had very swollen fingers I do have OA in them and in different parts of my body I told Dr Haynes that I was losing weight shut of the shoulder also that I had a red rash again shrug of the shoulders I found this attitude very bewildering , Dr Haynes repeatedly said there was nothing he could do for me , I made the statement that I had wasted his time as well as mine knowing how long you have to wait to get an a appointment when you get a referral .however he did give me a steroid injection in one of my fingers ( why not the other two which was swollen ) and yes it has help . Because of the rheumatologists dismissive manner and still no further on as finding out just what is causing all the dry eye dry ears dry skin all over rash and now a burning mouth and lips , I have asked my GP for a second referral but this one I will go private I never see this rheumatologist again. I have lived and worked with professional people from across the sphere and for the last 25 years medical and never have I come across such unprofessional approach as was shown by Dr Peter Haynes

6th April 2017
Written by a patient at Glangwili General Hospital

I went to see this doctor today and needless to say, he was great with me. After years of suffering with crippling pain and being turned down relentlessly by multiple doctors, an hour with Dr Haynes and I left being diagnosed. I'd suffered with pain in my joints and back for about 2 years and have been to the doctors endlessly, only to be told that there was nothing wrong with me. I got referred to rheumatology about a month ago and had an appointment today. Dr Haynes was incredibly open and honest with me, he listened to me and gave me loads of feedback and was overall, absolutely great. I got diagnosed within the first 5 minutes of being there. I'm only 17 and to get a diagnosis for my condition is incredibly difficult. I cannot thank Dr Haynes enough for all of his help today, he was able to make me feel a lot more positive by the time I left and gave me and my family loads of advice on how to cope with my condition. He gave me websites and youtube videos to look at as well as techniques and exercises to try. He was truly so supportive and understanding, I honestly wish you the best for your retirement.

22nd March 2017
Written by a patient at Glangwili General Hospital

I Recently saw Dr.Peter Haynes, what a refreshing experience. He listens to what you say, gives you good advice ,he cares about what he does. This jolly, plain speaking man immediately put me at ease and filled me with confidence, I trust him implicitly and I will try to follow his instructions and advice the best that I can. I wish that I had seen him years ago, but better late than never. We need more like him, but I don't think there's many about like him, I hope we can keep him as it would be a great loss if he leaves us. Many thanks for your time and care.

22nd March 2017
Written by a patient at Glangwili General Hospital

Where do I start. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and six Months ago I couldn't dress myself, get up from a chair without help or even squeeze the toothpaste out of the tube, Since then Doctor Peter Haynes has given me my life back, he discovered that I also had type two diabetes and put me a protein diet which lowered my sugar level down without having to take tablets. He's easy to talk to and always has the time to listen and answer any questions that you may have, He also added me to his skype list which is very handy if I have any problems and will get in touch with from home after work hours, There's not many consultants would do that for a patient it just go's to show the care and consideration he gives to his patients. I don't know what I and other patients of his would do if he ever left Glangweili General Hospital, he's been a life line for me and would be truly missed.

« 1 2 3 4 »