Dr Peter Haynes

• Rheumatology

22nd March 2017
Written by a patient at Glangwili General Hospital

Where do I start. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and six Months ago I couldn't dress myself, get up from a chair without help or even squeeze the toothpaste out of the tube, Since then Doctor Peter Haynes has given me my life back, he discovered that I also had type two diabetes and put me a protein diet which lowered my sugar level down without having to take tablets. He's easy to talk to and always has the time to listen and answer any questions that you may have, He also added me to his skype list which is very handy if I have any problems and will get in touch with from home after work hours, There's not many consultants would do that for a patient it just go's to show the care and consideration he gives to his patients. I don't know what I and other patients of his would do if he ever left Glangweili General Hospital, he's been a life line for me and would be truly missed.

17th March 2017
Written by a patient at Bronglais General Hospital

Dr Hayes is direct, concise and gave me a clear explanation for the treatment he was recommending. He involves the patient, and instills confidence.

17th March 2017
Written by a patient at Glangwili General Hospital

I have had the pleasure of being Peter's patient for the last few years. He has been absolutely fantastic in terms of supporting me through my initial rheumatoid arthritis diagnosis to instigating a range of intervention measures to help me manage the illness. The ability to be able to skype Peter out of surgery hours and to discuss my condition and for him to then act swiftly in terms of seeing me to control the illness has been of tremendous benefit in keeping me in work and mobile.

16th March 2017
Written by a patient at Glangwili General Hospital

I've seen Dr Haynes over the last 3 years for Palindromic Rheumatism,; his manner is very professional and approachable, I feel that he listens to my concerns re. my symptoms and I have received very good care and honest advice re. the best management for my condition.

14th March 2017
Written by a patient at Glangwili General Hospital

Finally a consultant who listens and cares for his patient, gives advice and realistic suggestions. As my condition is not that common and is a new challenge to many in the medical profession, or so I've been told by many medical staff, it was refreshing to speak with someone who is not only very approachable but he listens and more importantly hears what you're saying. 'Skype' was a new experience for me but it was the forward thinking of Dr Haynes who put this in to practice. It means i can make instant contact should i need advice and he will always answer; normally within 24 hours. A Skype Video consultation is brilliant as the hospital is some distance away. I would recommend Dr Peter Haynes to anyone as when you come across a special gem, you should treasure it and fight to keep it. I hope to remain a patient of his in the future.

Nearest Rheumatologists