Dr Peter Haynes

• Rheumatology

30th September 2016
Written by a patient at Glangwili General Hospital

I was diagnosed with SLE over nine years ago and not once has anyone listened to how I was really feeling. That was before I met Dr Haynes this week! After months of suffering a bad flare up, back and forward to different consultants and GPs, I ended up in hospital last week and thank goodness was finally referred to Dr Haynes! For the first time I feel like there is someone who understands what I have been going through, I was so relieved I actually cried! Embarrassing! I came out of his clinic with a clear plan of a way forward so I can start to get my life back and be able to run and play with my children again! I know I'm not there yet but feel so much more positive about everything. Thank you so much Dr Haynes

31st August 2016
Written by a patient at Bronglais General Hospital

I recently met Dr Haynes for the first time following a long period of illness that other consultants had failed to diagnose. I was therefore a little sceptical about another consultation with yet another consultant, but how wrong could I have been. Dr Haynes is a breath of fresh air, he makes you feel welcome and relaxed throughout the consultation whilst at the same time being extremely concise regarding your condition. He gave me a positive diagnosis and gave a thorough explanation of the condition, consequences, prognosis and treatment. I think it is fair to say that he has a slightly unconventional approach to his consultations by having a bit of a laugh and joke with his patients but please don’t be put off by this, embrace it and find it a refreshing change to the usual hum drum approach that you find with many other consultants. I guarantee that you will leave feeling extremely positive about yourself and will feel reassured that you are in safe hands. Dr Haynes also uses Skype to keep in touch with his patients so you can seek advice at any time, I have already found this to be invaluable.

19th August 2016
Written by a patient at Glangwili General Hospital

I had serious pain in my neck and back Dr Haynes was brilliant and relieved my symptoms within 20mins he was very helpful and I will not go and see anyone else in the future ever!

18th August 2016
Written by a patient at Glangwili General Hospital

This doctor was superb when I saw him today. He listened carefully, was keen to explain the situation to me, was really positive ( when for months I had felt less than that) and suggested ways I could contribute to helping to heal myself without resort to further medication. He didn't simply claim that my age was the problem or that I was imagining all the nasty pain and symptoms I have. What a star. I came home feeling more positive than I have done in ...maybe several years. Thank you so much Dr. Haynes.

4th March 2016
Written by a patient at Glangwili General Hospital

I saw Dr Haynes in January 2015 and he was fantastic. I was diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis aged 18 in 2012 and had seen various rheumatologists up until my appointment with Dr Haynes. He is by far the most approachable and caring rheumatologist I have met. he listens to concerns and suggests effective ideas to assist with coping with the disease. he spotted that I had a problem with my feet which was throwing off the way I stood, balance etc which in turn affected my hips and knees. He referred me to see someone and now I have corrective insoles which has done wonders for my posture and pain levels! Great doctor, highly recommend- Such a shame he no longer covers Glangwili Hospital.

Nearest Rheumatologists