Dr Paul Staker

21st November 2015
Written by a patient at Chestnuts Surgery

I have been treated by Dr Staker for 25 years. I trust him implicitly, he has a vast medical knowledge and is particularly skilled in the complex medical areas I need. Building a trust with your doctor is very important and Dr Staker not only recognises me, but remembers my medical history. After not needing assistance for a couple of years, during 2015 I have attended the practice on several occasions for pre and post operative care. Of course, you would expect any GP to be able to diagnose conditions and treat accordingly, but having the benefit of a GP knowing you for such a long time is a great advantage as they don't need to skim the notes to get an outline picture of the medical history. Dr Staker always gives me time and I never feel rushed and pushed out the door as I know many other GPs may do. He listens and understands and will offer proactive advice. I feel I could discuss anything with him and not be embarrassed or feel awkward. The reason I have stayed at this practice for so long is due to Dr Staker being my GP and if he were to leave I would change practice...and if he were local and it possible, follow him to the new surgery. My only criticism is the practice is short on GPs and he is very popular, I am sure for the same reasons I have given. It is increasingly difficult to make an appointment with him. There should be more government funding available to have additional GP at this practice, offering new patients an opportunity to build relationships with GPs. Thank you Dr Staker, for being such a helpful, pleasant and skilled GP.

19th November 2015
Written by a patient at Chestnuts Surgery

Dr Staker, I believe is always a great doctor. Friendly, kind, professional and thorough

15th November 2015
Written by a patient at Chestnuts Surgery

Listen to you and gives good care and advice

20th December 2014
Written by a patient at Chestnuts Surgery

Dr Staker is a very caring doctor, and discusses your condition in clear, concise and understandable detail. This enables you to be fully involved in your treatment.