Dr Paul Kotwinski

• Cardiology
  • Anaesthetics and ITU

19th April 2018
Written by a patient at Queen Elizabeth II Hospital

In searching for more in-depth info on my current Cardiologist I decided to search for info on the Cardiologist who performed my stenting procedure. As I've now discovered on this review page, many people have fallen into the hands of Dr. Kotwinski. I reported serious symptoms of angina and he replied that it was likely all in my head. (!) Subsequently the angiogram discovered four blockages, one of which was 95% blocked. My husband and I were outraged at his initial diagnosis. In the latter part of the process he refused to address our medical concerns and we received no apology for what appeared to be a chauvinistic view of my initial symptoms. At my bedside he was incensed that I had crucial questions when I was already in a state of fear. I simply held up my hand and said "that's fine, I'll ask someone else". In our opinion this man's personal issues have escaped the radar - he obviously has a type of psychological condition that does not allow him to be civil, empathetic or remotely professional. May I suggest to anyone in need that they consider Professor/Dr. Diana Gorog. She is at the top of her profession, highly informed, highly professional, very empathetic, very attentive and genuinely kind. I promise you that she is who you want looking after your heart issues. Regarding Dr. Kotwinski, I fail miserably at understanding why no one in authority has by now reviewed him in some capacity as this greatly affects his patients' health and well being. I'm from Vancouver and am accustomed to a far more stable medical community in comparison to the NHS and I cannot go without saying that the Brits are suffering quite enough without the added burden of enduring the likes of Dr. Kotwinski. We can only hope that the situation is corrected.

18th December 2017
Written by a patient at Lister Hospital

This doctor was rude and abrupt during my angiogram in Lister hospital after my heart attack. He supervised the operating doctor and shouted at him multiple times during the surgery. He even shouted at him telling him that he "made a hash of" my operation. This filled me with NO certainty at all.

20th April 2017
Written by a patient at Lister Hospital

I found my appointment with Dr Kotwinski was very thorough. He explained my results and answered my questions.

23rd November 2016
Written by a patient at Lister Hospital

Did not listen. Short tempered & abrupt in questioning & interrupted my answers. Conclusions questionable.

18th September 2015
Written by a patient at Queen Elizabeth II Hospital

I felt that he did not appear to be listening to what I was saying and had no real empathy with my condition. He was rude to my husband who accompanied me to the appointment. I left feeling very upset and angry. He mumbled into his papers whilst speaking to us. I did not feel confident in the way he treated me. I suggest he tries to improve his 'bedside manner'. I don't want to see him for my next appointment.

Nearest Cardiologists