Dr Paul Ciclitira

• Gastroenterology
  • Internal (General) Medicine

Written by a patient at St Thomas' Hospital
28th August 2019

Its been a couple of years since Dr Ciclitira performed a colonoscopy on me and I'm only revisiting this because I am due to talk to my current doctor about another one as bowel cancer is in my family. I found him a very cold, distant doctor, who was very rough during my procedure, and although I was slightly sedated, I was fully aware of what was being done. He was rough when closing the port on my cannula, resulting in bruising and when performing the colonoscopy, hurt me and despite my calling out, he just asked the nurse to administer more medication. I wouldn't use Dr Ciclitira again under any circumstances.

Written by a carer at London Bridge Hospital
12th May 2019

My relative and I regretted consulting with this consultant.He arrived an hour late and did not apologise. He spoke abruptly and was dismissive. His finger nails were dirty. He did not install confidence and we regretted seeing him. Furthermore the hospital admitted they were wrong that they should have employed a specialist Palliative Care co ordinator. I had better leave this here, as there is a lot more to add.

Written by a carer at London Bridge Hospital
29th April 2019

I can relate to one other poor review that Professor Ciclitira's nails were dirty. Also, he did not take on board my relative's symptoms. He performed 2 colonoscopies and reported normal result when in fact a bowel cancer was present. When my relative complained of bloating, rectal bleeding, weight loss, loss of appetite and general bowel changes, Prof Ciclitira asked my mother to continue with Iron tablets for her anaemia and put her on antidepressants and did not organise any further scans etc, eg ct or MRI and was dismissive of her symptoms for 5 months. My relatives found him dismissive and rude and he explained he 'had to go as his dinner would burn!' He 'bites off more than he can chew' and it is very worrying because patient care suffers. Also, Palliative care at both the London Bridge Hospital and The Princess Grace was lacking Palliative Support staff, for which we had received an apology and a small compensation which was actually a further insult as my relative had suffered a lot and as a result of the missed tumour on colonoscopy my relative did not receive early Palliative intervention. NO I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS CONSULTANT, HE WORKS AT ABOUT 5 DIFFERENT HOSPITALS AND PATIENT CARE IS SUFFERING. i am severely traumatised by the suffering he has caused my relative and I.

Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital
16th December 2018

Professor Ciclitira took the time to listen to my problems and was coherent in his recommendations. Throughout my consultation he answered any questions that I had and was professional and reassuring.

Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital
27th November 2018

I have been a patient of Dr. Ciclitira's for over twenty years . He is highly professional and knowlegeable , and very competent .

Nearest Gastroenterologists