Dr Patricia Clarke

• Haematology

27th February 2018
Written by a carer at Dr Crm Broomhead's Practice

Dr Clarke saw all of our family for many years and treating my mother for many years, never with any 'real' problems - however as my mother got older she developed symptoms that created great concern for us and we went to see Dr Clarke who told us nothing to worry about.We went again as problems continued probably 6 times and each time we were told all was fine - she was just getting old and maybe she was depressed. However she completely missed a very obvious but vital sign of a specific heart problem and over a course of a year we tried to work out why my previously healthy mother was deteriorating so rapidly in front of our eyes - each time we were told not to worry and we trusted Dr Clarke. Eventually my mother collapsed and was seen by a 'doctor on call' who noticed in 2 minutes what Dr Clarke had failed to notice in over a year. He was shocked no-one had noticed it especially when we told him how many times we had seen our well know GP. I believe her over familiarity and a blase attitude were misjudged and my mother subsequently died despite having a very treatable problem that went unnoticed despite clear signs and multiple visits to see Dr Clarke for over a year. We were always too polite with Dr Clarke and trusted her implicitly which was our biggest error - we should have trusted our own judgement and not have allowed her blase attitude to put us off - She has special interest in skin problems but clearly not in all heart problems. I believe our mother would still be with us all now if this had been treated correctly and in a timely manner - we said nothing as it will not bring her back but this feedback will hopefully be seen.

27th February 2016
Written by a patient at Dr Crm Broomhead's Practice

Very professional

9th November 2014
Written by a patient at Dr Crm Broomhead's Practice

Dr.Clarke is the most caring doctor I have ever known,she listens to everything I have to tell her and doesn't rush me. She really cares about her patients and makes them feel safe with all her help and advise.I don't know what I would do without her! She saved my fathers life by spotting a cancerous growth when another Dr had missed it. He went on to live another ten years and died at the age of 93 due to a neglect at the hospital.

Short link to review Dr Patricia Clarke: http://iwgc.net/edfap