Dr Olufolakemi Akintunde-Edun

7th December 2016
Written by a patient at Somerset Gardens Family Health Centre

I had been referred to Dr. Akintunde-Edun for a minor surgery to remove, what my GP thought was, a sebaceous cyst on the scalp. During the consultation with Dr. Akintunde-Edun, she kept stressing (from just looking at it) that she might not be able to remove the whole cyst and that it might resurface and whether I wanted to proceed anyway. I confirmed that I did, as it was getting infected regularly. It felt like Dr. Akintunde-Edun was trying to dissuade me from undergoing surgery. When asked what stitches i prefer - dissolvable or non-dissolvable, I opted for dissolvable as I did not have time to see a nurse to remove the stitches, which the Dr. said would take around 4 weeks to dissolve. During the surgery, Dr. Akintunde-Edun confirmed that she would not be able to remove a second, smaller cyst. After the surgery, I was only given a Wound Care sheet, which warned me to keep the dressing on for 2 days and keep the area dry for 4 days. Nothing else. After about 4 weeks, it has become clear that stitches were not dissolving. Upon contacting the surgery Dr. Akintunde-Edun's works at, the receptionist confirmed the stitches were not dissolvable (based on her conversation with Dr. Akintunde-Edun). Dr. Akintunde-Edun apparently told the receptionist that I had opted for non dissolvable stitches originally and that she had given me post-surgery notes saying as much. This was a lie. I had opted for dissolvable stitches and never given any post-surgery notes (what surgery i had, who performed it, why, risks involved, next course of action, etc.,) except for a generic Would Care sheet. It has been 5 weeks since my surgery. I am going to see a nurse tomorrow to get the stitches removed, hopefully, without complications.

24th November 2016
Written by a patient at Somerset Gardens Family Health Centre

I find this GP not very sympathetic she always seems preoccupied, I find her manner intimidating, if I need to see a Doctor she is the LAST resort

21st December 2015
Written by a patient at Somerset Gardens Family Health Centre

I am not happy with this GP's care. I avoid seeing her. She makes me feel that I am taking a lot of her time infact when I timed my session it was only 6 minutes and she said that the consultation is over and I can only be seen with one problem. When I was explaining my problem her she was rushing me and also was not looking at me and answering the phone calls, was not professional at all. I visit Somerset Gardens once or twice a year and I don't think I am taking a lot of time of GP's and at the end of the day Gp's are there for patient's . When I need care I need to be able to get that from my registered GP Practice..