Dr Nnamdi Ugwunze

• Psychiatry

10th September 2017
Written by a patient at Castle Douglas Medical Group

Great doctor, knows his stuff well

9th June 2017
Written by a patient at Castle Douglas Medical Group

I don't have much to say, I know his trying his best to do whatever he can to be helpful. The criticize I have, 'he should listen and consider patient's opinion or suggestion, that a patient maybe worried about.’ Also try to find other ways to happy patients other than giving medicines only, ‘like try to recommend physical activities.’ Otherwise his doing a great job on follow up with the patient medication.

10th February 2017
Written by a patient at Castle Douglas Medical Group

I cannot agree more with the comments of the previous reviewer. This Doctor has not learned the basic concepts of communication, facial expressions, body language, etc and repeatedly brought up that I was late (made it thru horrible weather driving for over 1.5 hrs away and was reassured 2 times over the phone by clinic staff that there wouldn't bean issue with coming in late). His face continued to grimace with most things I first said as though my thoughts/feelings were not valid. I said that I wasnt feeling very comfortable so he put his hand up (as though to wave me off) and said "bye" only bye. I would have embraced a "hi, how are you" type intro over the "what is the problem that you are here about?" while while facing away) As a psychiatrist, I fear that you may be in a bad position to be assisting people who truly need help and support and not feel judged (at least not before getting to know the person). The clinic i went to was in Brampton, named Wellmedica i believe

16th January 2017
Written by a patient at Castle Douglas Medical Group

This doctor has the bedside manner of a door. Our first appointment with him was horrific. On a first psychiatric consult, he handed us a questionnaire prior to the appointment which he didn't let us finish, didn't read and didn't care about. We (my son and I) provided 3 past psychiatric assessments which he didn't care to review. our first appointment lasted 10 minutes (a new patient). He was assumptive, made generalized statements about what we were there for, didn't ask us any questions about the history or anything just merely judged. He was AWFUL. Having been to many psychiatrist over the years with my son I can tell you he was the WORST we have ever seen. Completely lacking compassion and not interest in mental health wellbeing. (Ps We are in Brampton Ontario Canada but cannot choose this location)

Doctors working at Castle Douglas Medical Group