dr-nitha-naqvi

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Written by a carer at Royal Brompton Hospital
11th January 2020

I took my Daughter to see Dr Naqvi about a potential condition she had after being referred by my GP to see a specialist. I personally have been receiving private care for 25 years now and the reason why I have decided to give back feedback on this occasion is because the service my Daughter received was nothing short of exemplary. Dr Naqvi took the time to make sure everyone testing my Daughter was communicated by in person and we were constantly given feedback as to what was happening and if we needed to know any more information. I would go as far as to say that it felt like Dr Naqvi was treating her own Daughter, that's certainly how I felt as a parent! I can see why Dr Naqvi won such an outstanding accolade for Woman of the year, I hope many more patients get a chance to have the great customer experience we did, even if they are for situations that I would not wish on anyone.

Written by a patient at Royal Brompton Hospital
10th January 2020

Explained everything in detail, so that I understood what was going on. Listened and asked thorough questions. V pleased and thanks to her!

Written by a carer at West Suffolk Hospital
19th February 2019

Doctor Naqvi has provided continuity of care for our son following major neonatal surgery at Royal Brompton hospital- she remembers him from the ICU and 3 years later continues to review him at a regional outreach clinics. We are delighted to be able to remain under the umbrella of the Royal Brompton, it provides us with an enormous amount of confidence that he is receiving the very best care. Happy to answer our questions and requests, We feel she does a good job of balancing the clinical needs of our son with the emotional needs of us as parents. She arranged a cardiac check for our other son with her colleague at our local hospital for our peace of mind. We would have no hesitation in recommending Dr Naqvi.

Written by a carer at East Surrey Hospital
1st October 2018

Having read several other reviews of Dr Naqvi, it seems she is consistantly excellent, which is our experience over several years. Nitha has been an amazing 'all-rounder' as we have visited with our son. He is a talented sportsman. He plays sport to a high level for his age and has sporting aspirations. Dr Naqvi has understood him very well and our journey as a family and explained clearly but carefully the facts, the risks and the encouragements. She has engaged with our son appropriately and understood the devastating news regarding risk that she needed to give him. She made extra appointments for us as a family to ensure we had support and also asked for further investigations to ensure we all had a full understanding. In explaining the risks of playing Rugby to us as a family, she used appropriate information for my husband, a 'numbers' man, to explain the situation. Inspired! That communication helped us all as a family have the same understanding so we could move on. Today we have said goodbye to Dr Naqvi as our son is almost 16 and will be referred to adult clinics. He is still playing sport at a high level - just not Rugby. Weve made our peace with that. On parting, this kind and intuitive Doctor spoke directly to my son the words of affirmation and encouragement that made is chest swell with pride and his face light up. Upon leaving he said "She really understood me!" That alone is an amazing gift to be given; a doctor who treats you as a person not a condition and understands you and your families journey. We'll miss visiting her! :)

Written by a patient at Royal Brompton Hospital
21st June 2018

We met Dr Nitha for the first time when we came with our newborn son to the Royal Brompton Hospital. It was the middle of the night and we were devastated. Dr Nitha kindly explained the procedures and gave us hope. Now our son is 5 years old and we are grateful that our consultant is Dr. Nitha. She is an angel.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Dr Nitha Naqvi qualified from Guy's and St. Thomas's Medical School, London with honours and a first class Bsc, She underwent postgraduate training in London including working at Great Ormond Street Hospital, Guys and St Thomas's hospitals, UCLH and the Royal Marsden. She completed a MSc at The Institute Of Child Health and was awarded the Young Investigator Prize at the British Congenital Cardiac Association. She has also received the Royal Society Of Medicine Paediatric Prize and GSK fellowship. She works as a fully trained paediatric cardiology consultant at the Royal Brompton Hospital where she is Director of the Paediatric Cardiology Network. Areas of Interest Babies with heart murmurs; children with heart murmurs; teenagers with heart murmurs; children with chest pain; teenagers with chest pain; babies with palpitations; children with palpitations; teenagers with palpitations; arrhythmia; children with fainting/syncope; teenagers with fainting/syncope; congenital heart disease; echocardiography; transesophageal echocardiography; aortopathy; bicuspid aortic valve; Marfan syndrome; Loews Dietz syndrome; family screening Current NHS post Paediatric Cardiology Consultant with special interest in echocardiography, Director Of The Royal Brompton Paediatric Cardiology Network of more than 20 district general hospitals in London and the SE England; Paediatric Aortopathy and Marfan Lead. Honorary Paediatric Cardiology Consultant Surrey and Sussex NHS Healthcare Trust (Redhill hospital). Research Interests Her research interests include congenital heart disease, ALCAPA, Digeorge 22q11.2 deletion syndrome and fitness to fly of children with heart disease in aeroplanes. Dr Naqvi has presented her research internationally including in San Francisco and at the three most recent World Congresses in paediatric cardiology and cardiac surgery at Cape Town, Australia and Barcelona. She is also invited to teach doctors internationally and has lectured in Italy and Malaysia. Personal Interests She enjoys travelling, public speaking and spending time with her children. Awards received Dr Nitha Naqvi won the prestigious British Congenital Cardiac Association Young Investigator Prize for her research. Dr Naqvi was awarded the GlaxoSmithKline Fellowship of the Royal Society Of Medicine. She also won the renowned Royal Society Of Medicine Prize for paediatrics. Publications or featured in Dr Naqvi has is the author of a number of peer reviewed articles published in high impact research journals. She has also written a book chapter. Her publications have featured in the BMJ (British Medical Journal), Journal Of the American Society Of Echocardiography, Circulation Cardiovascular Imaging, Archives Of Diseases In Childhood, International Journal Of Cardiology, and the Journal Of Paediatrics.

Nearest Paediatricians