Dr Ninithet Than Hlaing

2nd August 2016
Written by a patient at Norden House Surgery

Saw this doctor at my local surgery re my varicose veins - a problem I've had all my adult life. I now want surgery to correct and alleviate the symptoms as fed up of not only the discomfort but also the mental health impact it has had on me by controlling all aspects of my life from what I wear to what activities I can do that won't constrict my legs. The doctor was very dismissive and patronising saying I should learn to love/live with the problem. She was also very negative re long term outcome of surgery. I told her I knew many people who had had successful surgery including my own mother and that I would take whatever years vein free I could get so I could experience the pleasure of not having to hide my legs and the inevitable stares that I get from people that are repulsed by the bulges. I'm fully aware that vein surgery is very unlikely on the NHS and I told the doctor I was willing to go private but even getting a referral letter was an effort such was her negativity to my situation. I found her very patronising to what is a very real and serious problem for me.

Short link to review Dr Ninithet Than Hlaing: http://iwgc.net/efxpn